Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using HTC in China

beverleyb14
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I can't get a signal for my HTC here in China.  I've tried to connect to 2 Chinese networks but get a message saying my sim won't allow access to the network.  I can't use a Chinese sim either as it tells me my phone is locked. What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi. It's not a country I've roamed in myself so I'm not too clued up on the networks out there, but did you ask Vodafone to remove your roaming bar before travelling?

More help can be found on the following page - Vodafone Going Abroad - including the linked PDF document which advises on the roaming bar situation and how it can impact using the phone. See also the Vodafone roaming FAQs in the help centre which say how you can remove the bar.

Regarding the unlocking situation, it might be worth getting your mobile unlocked for other SIM cards if you're travelling abroad in future. You can do this via the network unlock code request form (I'd suggest this as a future option though as there's often a waiting time for codes so it won't be a quick fix this time around)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Hi again. Thanks for your help. The saga continues....I managed to get my phone unlocked by completing the form on the website- it only took 2 days. That means I can use a Chinese sim and connect to a network. However, when I try to use my UK sim, I get a message saying the sim won't allow access to the networks. I've checked the roaming bar situation and there are no bars on. Any ideas?

Hi beverleyb14,

Welcome to the eForum.

If you get in touch with our team here, we’ll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah