Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using phone from other network - web access issues

Navrig
4: Newbie

I moved my HTC One S from Three to Vodafone (I also gave the handset to my son).  His SIM only pacjage included data and we added an additional Data allowance.

I unlocked the phone and did a factory reset so it is making and receiving calls OK.  It even sends and receives SMS.

But it wont connect to the web.

Other than let Android updates through I am not aware of any other changes to the software on the handset.

Is the lack of web access to do with the fact that the handset was originallt ocnfigured for Three and if so what do I need to do to enable web access?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello Navrig

You probably just need the correct settings for the phone.

Please see the links below on how to get the correct settings.

Internet and picture message settings

Your Device Support

Thanks.

The SMS is on its way.  My son will let me know if it works.

hrym

Be aware that recent versions of Android tend to install the settings silently, so you may not see anything incoming.   You can check whether they've been received by going into Settings|Networks|Data|Access Point Names and looking for the Vodafone one.   Long press it and make sure it's set as the default.

Recent versions of Android can also pull settings down proactively.  That's in Settings...Data|More|Get settings from provider, if they're not there already.  If you do that, everything else should delete to avoid potential conflicts.

Thanks for your help.

The settings downloaded however my son had to do a manual configuration of the APN.  All sorted now.