Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VAT receipt

SanthiRaju
2: Seeker

Hi Team,

I bought a new HTC one M8 phone from one of the vodafone stores and now need VAT refund form.

Can you please help me in getting it.

Regards,

Raju

17 REPLIES 17

@Ammar:

No solution is given to me yet. eForum says that they cant issue VAT receipt for the purchase made at stores and when I goto store they say that they wont provide VAT receipt at all.

Looks like it needs someone else's attention.

hrym
17: Community Champion

If the receipt is on a cash rather than an account system, the record may simply not be accessible.   In these circumstances, it's generally best to ask for a VAT receipt at the time of purchase.

I did ask for it. They said they wont provide then. Later when I checked in the eForum I got to know that they are giving VAT receipt.

Now on eForum, here executives say thet they can't provide it for purchases made online.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

I’ve sent you both a private message with instructions on how to get in touch so we can look into this further.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Jenny

HI Jenny,

I have gone through all this. Nothing happening the other side too.

I dont understand why can't you provide a VAT receipt which is rightfully ours when we ask for it?

Please let me know what difference it makes if I buy it online or at store. Why can't you provide VAt receipt for the purchases made at store? I will quit asking for it then.

hrym

If the phone was bought online or by phone, the details will be on the system and accessible.   If it was a cash purchase in a shop, it'lll only be on the till system and are not easily accessible.  In a retail situation, it's normal practice to ask for a VAT receipt at the time of purchase as this may not be available later.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @SanthiRaju ,

I can see we emailed you on 22 January with our position.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the answer you were hoping to get.

Thanks,

Ben

Ammar159
Thanks for your reply. When I bought mobiles the guy who served me said same thing that we don't have any specific vat form but you can show on airport this receipt and you will get refund. But later on i came to know must need vart form filled by retailer to get vat refund. I have bought about £1000 worth mobiles but I am gonna lost £100. Because I am leaving in few days and still there is no solution.