Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whatsapp and Vodafone Message+

JamesBond
10: Established
Which out of the two apps is best and if the Message+ is used, am I correct in stating that you cannot use one to contact someone using the other app. The Message+ service is free yet Whatsapp costs after the year. I welcome your comments. Message directed to the Vodafone Moderator. Will the Message+ and Whatsapp ever inter connect? I would prefer to use Message+ as it's free.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JamesBond
Cheers for this information 63johnw. Another good thing about Whatsapp however I think that Vodafone will be bringing out calls over WIFI. A lot to think about. Thanks.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, I use both, message+ has a chat feature which only works if the person you are communicating with has it, if they don't then the message is just sent to that person as a normal text.

WhatsApp communicates with WhatsApp only, as far as I use it.

Hope this helps

JamesBond
Hi 63Johnw,

Many thanks for your comments. At least I know where I stand with regards to the apps. It would be great to hear from a Vodafone Moderator to hear if they will ever inter connect Whatsapp, similar to connecting the text message service with the other UK mobile networks many years ago when I was in short trousers!!!

Many thanks indeed.

63johnw
Another good thing about WhatsApp is that it now allows calls over WiFi and data so if you have WiFi you can call for free even when abroad, as long as they have WhatsApp of course.

jeffkinn
I'm unsure as to why we should expect different apps to talk to each other. Whatsapp is now owned by Facebook and there is no chance of it interfacing with other apps. The same is true of iMessage, BBM or Skype. That's why the first mover advantage is so important.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

JamesBond
Cheers for this information 63johnw. Another good thing about Whatsapp however I think that Vodafone will be bringing out calls over WIFI. A lot to think about. Thanks.

63johnw
Yeah, they do have plans for that, soon supposedly.