23-12-2010 06:49 PM - edited 23-12-2010 07:14 PM
Today sees the launch of the latest Android update for
Vodafone HTC Desire HD2 customers. The new software is
The new firmware will give customers a number of improvements including:
Update to new base Microsoft OS.
2) Contacts application allowing for faster searching and locating contacts.
3) Enhanced handling for CPU processing that will quicken the background processes allowing for an overall improved experience.
4) Fix issue with automatic time and date not working correctly after BST time change.
5) Fix issue with wrong spelling on HTC sense
6) Device showed manila.exe data abort during stability stress test
7) Fix issue with Calendar date is not correct after saving
8) Fix issue where if there are 1500 Gmail in the device, sometimes device can't be resumed when receiving email
and then device enter suspend mode by display timer is up
9) Fix issue with Device flash white screen during Clear storage process
10) Fix issue with Memory leak in function CalUnReadEmail/CalUnReadEmail2
11) Fix data abort in voccrender.dll while playing 720p video via HTC Media Player
How will customers get the latest software?
is available from http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=1
- On your computer, go to www.htc.com.
- Click Support.
- Select your phone model.
Support resources for your phone are displayed. If there are any available software updates, they are listed under Software Download. To find out more information about a software update, click the Download link for that software update. On the subsequent page, you will find instructions for downloading and installing the software update.
Preparing for a ROM upgrade
If you have downloaded a ROM upgrade, you need to do some preparation before you install it to your phone.
Upgrading your phone's ROM completely erases all your personal data and customised settings as well as any programs you have installed on your phone. Make sure you back up any important data first. For information on ways of doing backups, see the following topics:
When you are ready to install the ROM upgrade, make sure that your phone battery is at least 50% charged. Make sure that automatic standby and hibernation are disabled on your computer, and close all running programs. Follow the instructions provided with the ROM upgrade installer to install and run the software update.
It is very important that you do not disconnect your phone from your computer while the phone software is being updated. If you disconnect the phone during the software update, it may become unusable. To ensure smooth running of the ROM upgrade installer and an uninterrupted connection, do not open or close any programs on your computer while the software update is in progress.
How do you check what software version they have?
On the device tap:
Start->Settings->About phone->Software information->ROM Version