Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

can't send or receive MMS on HTC ONE M7 phone - HELP PLEASE

mysticfalls1864
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i am a new pay monthly contract customer with vodafone. Had new phone and sim 6 days now - everything is working great phone text data wise i just can't send or receive MMS getting really frustrated!!

I  tried another sim card in phone and MMS sent perfectly so not phone fault also Vodaphone sent me another SIM card incase that at fault but no i still can't send or receive.

Done numerous APN setting changes and text WEB to number 4 times to get settings but never getting the setting messages back so entered manually and still can't send or receive MMS. It looks to be an account or connection problem but TECH TEAM just keep asking me to enter different APN settings and not getting anywhere at all - please can anyone help as i really am frustrated hoping someone can help me please. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion

MMS needs to be provisioned on your account and this is usually a matter for the Tech Team rather than Customer Services.  Hang on - they aim to repond to all posts within 48 hours.  Using another SIM will simply make use of the account settiings associated with that SIM - it's a network thing, specific to your number, not a fault with the phone.

MMS is turned off by default as it's a legacy service that has relatively high costs.  Email, or apps such as Whatsapp, can do the same thing just using data.  There's also the Rich Communications Suite (also available as Vodafone Message+), which tghere are threads about on this board.   That sort of thing will eventually replace the messaging app on all Android devices as far as I'm aware.

thanks for your reply.

yeah they said the MMS box was not ticked but they have now done this so its active on account and i still can't send or receive MMS. its so frustrating i just don't know what to do. hopefully Vodafone will get back to me on here as i am getting no where on the phone trying to solve.

hrym

Ah, I thought so.  For some reason, there's sometimes something else that needs to be done behind the scenes, and beyond what customer services have access to.  Hang on for the Tech Team - they're the people to resolve this.

(But do you really need to send MMS, given that there are other cost-free - other than data - alternatives?)

yeah i'll hang on and hope that vodafone will reply..

just hoping they can solve it so i can send & receive picture messages...

i know what you mean re the other apps and i do use these like whatsapp along with emailling photos but for old timers 😉 like my mum and other family members its MMS or nothing so i really need to get this resolved asap.

Hi mysticfalls1864,

My team will be able to into this.

Get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Laura

ok Laura thank you i have got in touch as requested. will await help/reply. just to note its still not working. Thanks