You are here:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

cannot connect to mobile internet after switch it off

Hi,

I have been visit China for about 10 days and I switched my mobile internet off during this period to avoid the cost. The gentlement told me that my mobile internet will be switched on 12.00 pm 02/10/2011 but I still cannot connect to internet now. I called and a lady tole me that I may need to do manual rom(I suppose) and she will send me a message. I still have not receive the message and my phone cannot connect to internet. My phone is HTC desire. What can I do?

Message 1 of 7 (4,729 Views)
Solutions: 338

Re: cannot connect to mobile internet after switch it off

Hi,

Worth trying a manual roam as this can sometimes update your status on the network. To do so on the HTC Desire follow the below instructions:

Press the MENU key
Touch Settings
Touch Wireless & networks
Scroll to and touch Mobile networks
Touch Network operators
Touch Search networks
Select a non Vodafone network

Repeat the process to reselect Vodafone

If you still have problems then worth checking your internet settings, here (listed on the right of the page)

Message 2 of 7 (4,709 Views)

Hi,

I have done the manual roam but I still cannot connect to Vodaphone internet. I used a O2 SIM card and my phone can connect to internet with O2.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7 (4,693 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi glglmifen

It sounds like the GPRS is still stuck to the Chinese network. I would recommend a battery pull as doing a manual roam will update the GSM side of things.

If you dial *#105# this should give you 2 dates. If the 2nd one is up to date you should then be able to use the internet.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 4 of 7 (4,658 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Martin,

I got my battery out and tried manual roam and dial *#105#, the 2nd date is not up to date and still in china-unicom, what can i do?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7 (4,644 Views)

Hi Martin,

I also took my SIM card out and tried the manuel Roam, still regestered in China.

Message 6 of 7 (4,642 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi glglmifen

There's no need to do a manual roam as that will just update the GSM side of things (the 1st date when dialling *#105#)

I would try the battery pull several times, if it is still not updating I would recommend getting a new SIM card.

Martin

Message 7 of 7 (4,611 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

Help and Support
My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up