Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
glglmifen

cannot connect to mobile internet after switch it off

Hi,

I have been visit China for about 10 days and I switched my mobile internet off during this period to avoid the cost. The gentlement told me that my mobile internet will be switched on 12.00 pm 02/10/2011 but I still cannot connect to internet now. I called and a lady tole me that I may need to do manual rom(I suppose) and she will send me a message. I still have not receive the message and my phone cannot connect to internet. My phone is HTC desire. What can I do?

Message 1 of 7 (3,944 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
redpages

Re: cannot connect to mobile internet after switch it off

Hi,

Worth trying a manual roam as this can sometimes update your status on the network. To do so on the HTC Desire follow the below instructions:

Press the MENU key
Touch Settings
Touch Wireless & networks
Scroll to and touch Mobile networks
Touch Network operators
Touch Search networks
Select a non Vodafone network

Repeat the process to reselect Vodafone

If you still have problems then worth checking your internet settings, here (listed on the right of the page)

Message 2 of 7 (3,924 Views)
glglmifen

Hi,

I have done the manual roam but I still cannot connect to Vodaphone internet. I used a O2 SIM card and my phone can connect to internet with O2.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7 (3,908 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi glglmifen

It sounds like the GPRS is still stuck to the Chinese network. I would recommend a battery pull as doing a manual roam will update the GSM side of things.

If you dial *#105# this should give you 2 dates. If the 2nd one is up to date you should then be able to use the internet.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 4 of 7 (3,873 Views)
glglmifen

Hi Martin,

I got my battery out and tried manual roam and dial *#105#, the 2nd date is not up to date and still in china-unicom, what can i do?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7 (3,859 Views)
glglmifen

Hi Martin,

I also took my SIM card out and tried the manuel Roam, still regestered in China.

Message 6 of 7 (3,857 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi glglmifen

There's no need to do a manual roam as that will just update the GSM side of things (the 1st date when dialling *#105#)

I would try the battery pull several times, if it is still not updating I would recommend getting a new SIM card.

Martin

Message 7 of 7 (3,826 Views)