Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

correct apn settings htc one m7

vern336
4: Newbie

Hi, can anyone out there give me the correct APN settings for an htc one m7 using a sim only contract.

I have tried texting WEB to 40127, I get two texts from vodafone telling me they are going to send me the settings but they never do.

I have checked the the devices page selecting my phone but it gives you one apn setting for internet and one for MMS and obviously I can only select one APN in the settings.

I have tried both of these settings and I have problems with both.

It may be a hardware or sofware problem but if I can get the correct settings at least I can take that out of the equation.

Ive checked around the forum and on the net and have come up with about 30 different settings dating back to 2009.

Any help would be gratefully recieved

Kind Regards

Vern 

8 REPLIES 8

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I have checked the settings and what you're being given here are correct.  You have to create 2 APNs.  One for the internet and one for MMS. It is correct that you can only select 1 APN at a time, and the one you need to have selected is the APN for internet.  You will still get MMS messages even with the internet APN selected.

PWIAC

vern336
4: Newbie
Hi Drey_P thanks for the reply, I'll give that a go now and see how it goes.

Kind regards

Vern

drey_p

Let us know how you get on.

PWIAC

Hi drey_p, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, work and all that......

The APN settings seem to to be working fine but it hasnt solved my problem, at least I know now its not the APN thats causing it.

A quick run down of whats happening......

When I'm in my house connected to wifi everything is ok, if I switch off wifi on the phone, the mobile data kicks in and works fine.

If I leave the house (wifi on or off) as soon as I go out of my wifi connection distance, mobile data kicks in and the phone reboots, it will keep rebooting until either I put it in airplane mode or go back to where the phone connects back to my wifi, once connected to the wifi again, everything's good and no more crashes.  Funny thing is, if I'm connected to a different wifi other than my own (work, friends, etc.), I still get the reboots.  I have looked all over on the net, only found one other person with the exact same issue but he hasn't resolved it yet either.

Oh well on with the search, lol

Kind regards

Vern

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

It sounds like there could be a fault with the aerial inside the phone, causing it to crash when the phone tries to activate it?

Have you tried a Factory Reset to see if that clears the issue?

If that doesn't help, you might have to send the Phone away for repair.

You can use Vodafone or HTC if you prefer?

Hi,  I was thinking along the same lines but that wouldnt explain why it works perfectly when I'm in connection distance of my wifi and only my wifi, whether its connected to the wifi or not, the phone is absolutely stable 2g 3g 4g as long as i stay within range of my wifi, lol. I can sit in my car in the pouring rain outside my house and the mobile data works great for hours, as soon as I leave my wifi range "Bang", reboots galore, lol

I Tried a factory reset, cleared the data cache, cleared the dalvik cache.

I think my next move is flashing the cyanagenmod cm12.1 (stable,lol) rom to give that a go.

I've been due an upgrade for 8 months or so but I took out a sim only contract, so I could wait see if HTC bring out better than the M9 (overheating and reducing clock speed to combat it)  and A9 (just not too keen on it at all). lets see what the M10 brings

Anyway thanks for your help.

Regards

Vern

hrym

I agree with thesoupdragon that this sounds like a fault   I've only ever once had a spontaneous reboot, and that was a very long time ago.   FWIW, I'm using an M9 and haven't had any problems with overheating, though I don't exactly stress the processor.   For the usual phone stuff, emails and light-use apps, it's fine.

Hi, just to let you know how I got on.  As I said I was gonna give cm12.1 a go to see how that went, well I did and still had the same problems. I tried a few other roms but they wasnt much better, still getting the reboots when leaving the range of my wifi, I was beginning to agree with you that it was a hardware problem.  Anyway I came across a guy having the same  (or very similar) problems to me and someone had recommended giving the Android Revolution HD 93.0 rom a go as it was pretty much the same rom as the htc rom with a choice of getting rid of whatever google apps you didnt want and also have more control over sense and htc apps, with other added improvements, the guy who originally posted the problem had not got back to say whether it worked or not, so I thought, why not give it a go, nothing else to lose.

Well, its been nearly a month since flashing this rom, I havent had one reboot, my wifi works perfectly, my mobile data works perfectly (E, 2G,  3G, 4G and LTE, depending on the signal where I am at the time)), I thought 4G and LTE were the same but sometimes it says 4G and other times its says LTE (again depending on the area).  The phone in general runs smoother and it seems to be faster.  I havent got all the google crap taking up a load of memory (if I want any more google stuff I can install and uninstall whatever, whenever I want).  I have no problems whatsoever since flashing this rom, everything works as it should (just better) and my battery life has just about doubled per charge.

So if anyone out there is having the same problems as I was, I recommend giving this rom a try. it can be found on the XDA developers site, the name of the rom is Android Revolution HD 93.0 and the guy who done all the hard work and saved my phone and money is mike1986 (thanks mike).

If you do give it a go, make sure you read everything he says on his page to make sure you know what your doing before doing it.

Anyway all, thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Vern