You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
tickertyboo
Accepted Solution

desire HD Wifi not working

HI

I was asked to post this in a different thread to my other issue.

About two updates ago i noticed that my Wifi on my HD had stopped working and when i tried to turn it on it took ages telling me "turning on" and then finally said "error".

After the second to last update we have done a full factory reset to try and solve all the problems and the wifi started working again until the next update when it stopped again and all tries to get it working again have failed including a second full factory reset.

The same problem "Turning on" followed by "error" or sometime it crashes the phone.

Help please.

Message 1 of 8 (8,904 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Re: desire HD Wifi not working

Hi tickertyboo,

What firmware version are you currently on?

This thread indicates that updating to 2.50.161.2 appears to fix this issue.

Thanks

BenJ

eForum Team

Message 2 of 8 (8,882 Views)
tickertyboo

HI

I have just upgraded to 2.50.161.3 and have just checked and it seems to have sorted the issue.

cheers

Message 3 of 8 (8,826 Views)
Rob888

How and where did you get the update from ?

:smileysad:

Message 4 of 8 (8,672 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Rob888,

Your phone can check and then notify you if there’s a new update. You can then download and install the software update using your phone’s Wi-Fi or data connection. You can also manually check if there's an available software update for your phone.

James

eForum Team 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 8 (8,655 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
JamsieL

I know there have been wi-fi issues with the current Official DesireHD rom from vodafone, a friend of mine upgraded to to latest FW, thier wi-fi stopped working, 3 "repairs" by vodafone and it's still borked!

Im running Android Revolution 6.1.1 (Which is based on Android 2.3.5) and it's a stable as hell, wi-fi works flawlessly.

BUT, i have seen this "error" message before while turning on Wi-fi, but it wasn't on my DesireHD it was on a Samsung Galaxy Tab (original7" flavour)

The problem stemmed from SipDroid being installed, i'd ticked a box to allow it to control the Wi-fi, which meant when i tried to turn it on from Android settings, the Error message appeared.

Have you any app's installed that you have allowed to control the Wi_fi settings?

Message 6 of 8 (8,456 Views)
fahad2580

I have had the wifi error problem for the last 3 months on my desire hd along with......

Bluetooth error and the volume button does not work.They all stopped responding at the same time

it was running version 2.3.3 at the time

it has been updated to 2.3.5 but nothing works 

I have done factory reset but still no luck and I can't get into boot mode when u hold the volume button down with the power button any other way into it?

Any solutions???

Message 7 of 8 (8,055 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi fahad2580,

Unfortunately this is the only way to get into the boot menu however; as you are unable to do this the next step would be to send the phone away for a free of charge warranty repair.

By doing this we can get one of our engineers to take a look at the phone for us.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 8 (8,017 Views)