Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

erro 403, sync manager not recognising my HTC phone

Mabvuto
2: Seeker

Sync manager giving an error message 403 when trying to connect my htc phone. Please could you help.

6 REPLIES 6

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mabvuto

This is a very common issue for Android devices and can be resolved by clearing your Google play store cache and search history.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for getting back to me. I don't use Google play store but as you have advised, I cleared my caches and search history and tried again, I still get the error, 403 fobidden ;(

Mabvuto

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mabvuto

A 403 error means your request was "forbidden" and that the Google Play store servers were programmed to deny the request you sent.

Try the following instructions:

Go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Network then APN (Access Point Name) > then select Clear Proxy Option.

Once you've done this, reset your phone.

If you find this doesn't resolve the problem, I'd advise contacting the manufacturer directly for further information on this error code. 

hrym
17: Community Champion

What is it you're trying to do with Sync Manager?   If you're just copying and backing up content, there are other ways of doing it, either with a 3rd party file manager that can access your network over wifi or simply by connecting the device as external storage, in either case copying file-by-file.

Mabvuto

Many thanks for your help. That did not work so I went into the local vodafone shop for assistance.

hrym

For the benefit of anyone else coming to this thread, what was the solution?   (I'm hoping you got one!)