Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

failed update on 310

scubakid
4: Newbie

Hi we have a few of the 310s in use here and they are all failing the last update 1.00.161.8 it just installs reboots and then comes back to do it again. All the phones are encrypted if that makes any difference.

8 REPLIES 8

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

Have a look at the instructions HERE 

It does say to remove SIM management first!

Thanks for the info though that is for a different update, tried the instructions but it is still the same.

thesoupdragon
That's a shame, yes it was just the instructions I was hoping would work for you.

You could try a factory reset on one of the phones, just in case it's something you have installed or a setting you use that is blocking the update?
If you can try and keep it as stock as possible, don't allow the phone to download apps or backed up settings.
Obviously log into your Google account , then see if the update installs?

It might also be worth contacting HTC, there could be an issue with the FOTA update that they may know about?

Thanks,

These are corporate devices so have very little installed. They are encrypted, and have Sophos mobile control on, other than that are stock. I could do a reset but will then have to go through re-adding them to Sophos which is a pain and we have quite a few devices and they are out with users so would have to arrange for them to come back in wipe them and encrypt and add back in which would be over 1 hour per device :smileysad:

thesoupdragon
I'm not overly familiar with Sophos, other than knowing what it is.
I would guess its main feature would prevent writing to the system, which would explain the failed updates.
You will probably have to disable Sophos in order to update the phones, which is what you suspected already.

hrym

I'd tend to agree with thesoupdragon.  Maybe you could try removing Sophos on one of the devices and see if that gets it working?

tried the remove Sophos still would not work, did a factory reset and it all worked OK so not sure where the problem was, not sure I want to do this on all the phones. Will get some more info on how many are failing as the users do not always bother to tell us

thesoupdragon
At least you know how to get them updated now! 😉
I guess it depends if the update brings essential differences to make it worthwhile doing?