You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

had it up to here!!

[ Edited ]

Afternoon all,

I'm really ###### off with my sensation now, after the ICS update its been a totaly unacceptable handset, I have had it sent away to be repaired  2 on the second time the handset was replaced.

I am still having the same issues as before (running slowly then coming to a complete halt, randomly turning itself off very poor signal but then again i think thats the network, and it has wiped my sd card twice now) and now I dont seem to be recieving txt any more. I have tried a couple of different apps to help and for a while handcent seemed to fix it but that has now stopped working. I have also tried a full factory reset, but no joy.

This handset is fast becoming the worst ive ever had!!

cheers

RD

HTC One M7 Running very slow and wanting to try an Iphone 6

Message 1 of 12 (12,240 Views)
Nabs
Topics: 246
Ideas: 9
Solutions: 454

Re: had it up to here!!

Hi Roverduck,

sorry to hear your having issues.

The only thing that can be suggested is a repair/replacement but since you have already had these there isn't much more that can be done.

How old is your handset? You may be entitiled to an upgrade soon and if so it miht be possible to bring this forward and allow you to get a new handset a lttle bit sooner.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 12 (12,233 Views)

thanks for the reply,

Im not due an upgrade untill march 2013, and even then its too early to get an decnet upgrade as my contract aint up till spet / oct 2013

cheers

RD

Message 3 of 12 (12,230 Views)
Nabs

RD,

Im sorry to say but if your contract isn't  up until September then you wont be able to upgrade until August.

I can't really think of any other options at the moment. Maybe some of the other guys have some ideas.

Nabs

Message 4 of 12 (12,226 Views)
Ben_H
Topics: 202
Solutions: 395

Hi RD,

Thanks for sharing. While I appreciate there are a couple of posts around the HTC Sensation, as a whole most customers are getting along with the phone fine. I understand this probably doesn't help your case individually but I just wanted to pop some perspective on the case. :smileywink:

Am I right to say if you've had a couple of repairs already that you've had the SIM card replaced too? Does your SIM act up in any other phones at all? I know some of what you're saying is software related but things like service loss and delayed processes on the device can be down to a faulty SIM as opposed to a faulty phone. Can you confirm this for me?

We'll only be able to arrange a repair and your handset is covered for warranty repairs (and where need be replacements) for the full 24 month period. Another option is to approach HTC directly to see if they can offer any other solutions.

If you'd like to discuss options further, feel free to contact my team using the instructions I've sent via Private Message. You can find your PM inbox here. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben 

Message 5 of 12 (12,171 Views)

Thanks for the reply Ben,

I have emailed the details. I can confirm that I have had a new simcard recently and it works well in a friends sgs2 and my mates nokia. I am hoping that this can be resolved.

I appreciate the advice form the other forum members

Cheers

RD

Message 6 of 12 (12,161 Views)

just wanted to add and ask if anyone else is having problems connecting to wifi??

as of this morning i have been unable to connect to my home wifi, other devices are haapy to connect but not the sensation. I cant turn off wifi on the phone as the option is geryed out saying turning on. I have swithch the handset off but that hasnt cured it, I am really reluctant to factory reste again as its is getting past a joke.

and as a sind note I an unable to acsess my online account. :smileymad:  rant over

Message 7 of 12 (12,065 Views)
Ben_H
Topics: 202
Solutions: 395

Hi Roverduck,

This is a little concerning, especially the 'greyed out' selection for WiFi. Have you just switched the phone off or have you tried a proper battery pull (taking the battery out while the phone is switched on and leaving it out for 10-15 minutes). If you've already emailed my team using the WRT135 code I sent to you, we'll be in touch as soon as we reach it to get your repair arranged. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben 

Message 8 of 12 (12,017 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

What I want to know is why the contracts are so long if the phones dont last. I appreciate the phones are subsidised in a monthly contract and they are getting more expensive but if they dont last what is the point!

Message 9 of 12 (12,010 Views)
DaveCD
Topics: 74
Solutions: 87

Hi sarahsm80

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you.:smileyhappy:

The majority of customers complete their agreements without any issues and even beyond, a number of customers are still happy with the handset and prefer to save some money by taking SIM only agreements after.

I understand that there are difficulties with handsets and this is helped by the manufacturers warranty for the duration of the agreement (for most phones).

I too wish we had 12 month agreements with the latest devices, however as technology evolves the cost to produce devices increases and so does the cost of maintaining and upgrading the network due to the more information it has to carry.

You also get much more for your money with agreements these days, I remember 75 minutes costing £20, now you can get 900 minutes!

If you are having difficulties with your device please take the device to your local store and one of our experts will be able to take a look and advise you of your best options or alternatively we can arrange a postal repair.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 10 of 12 (11,980 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Yes I agree we do get more value for money. Although, not so with the internet. Other networks have unlimited internet. VF dont. You used to..... Devices are so data hungry now.

My phone is working perfectly. I was just agreeing with the other posts that phones dont last as long.

My issue is phones change all the time and when you take out a new contract for 2 years, in 6 months time the phone is old as new phones come out all the time.

There also seems to be more issue with coverage and the networks failing to keep up. More and more people have more than one phone, data and more people int the country using phones, and theres only so much networks can cope with until they all faill to keep up with demand.

4G soon I hope!

Message 11 of 12 (11,974 Views)
Nabs

[ Edited ]

sarahsm80 wrote:

Yes I agree we do get more value for money. Although, not so with the internet. Other networks have unlimited internet. VF dont. You used to..... Devices are so data hungry now.

The 'unlimited' offered by other networks is nothing more than a marketing tactic. How much data do people actually use in a month? 

I see myself as a heavy user of data and I come in well below my 750Mb mobile data limit as I use WiFi just about everwhere I go. Now I get that people may not always have wifi but there are plans that include 2GB of data, If you manage to use that much mobile internet then chances are you are tethering (using your phone to connect your computer to the internet) and this is not included in the unlimited plans that networks offer.

EFIT: And the other thing, said networks offering unlimited data have absolutly rubbish 3G speeds, I have read that one has an average which is less than half the speed Vodafone offers.

Message 12 of 12 (11,838 Views)
Nexus 6

Nexus 6

More space to explore

Buy now