You are here:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
mikcat
Accepted Solution

htc one. crack in screen

Had my one for there weeks and it has a single crack in middle of screen, top to bottom. It has been in a flip case from day one and not been dropped. Anyone had
same problem. Waiting for voda repair sevice.
Message 1 of 7 (2,279 Views)
Rank 22: Tutor I
Jebelious

Re: htc one. crack in screen

i have had my device in the case that came with it (pre order one) and have had no crack appear on the screen as of yet, i would imagine that a cracked screen may not be covered by your warranty..

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below
Message 2 of 7 (2,265 Views)
mikcat

Yes. You probably are correct. Will be interested in what the repair engineer thinks. Dont want to send it to a third party repair shop. I believe its not an easy fix.

Message 3 of 7 (2,258 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi mikcat,

To be honest it could have been caused by a number of things, however the bad news is that it won’t be covered under the warranty as it’s classed as physical damage.

Do you have insurance with us?

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 7 (2,248 Views)
mikcat

Afraid not.
Message 5 of 7 (2,244 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi mikcat,

That’s a shame. We can repair the phone for you but there’ll be a charge of £150 for it.

Alternatively, you may want to check your house insurance some policies do cover mobile phones.

Thanks,

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 7 (2,228 Views)
mikcat

Checked my home ins and it looks like i may be covered. Of not i will come back to vodafone. Thanx Andrew. .....Mike
Message 7 of 7 (2,226 Views)