cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

htc one mini 2 4th replacement and its faulty too!!!

LoraG
2: Seeker

can anyone give me help and advice?

i took out my contract in Oct 2014 and am now on my 4th replacement {in 5months} as they were freezing and goin black screened. this is doin the exact same and iv now had enough.  vodafone say they can change my fone to a different make and model but have offered me older fones.  the insurance says 'like for like' so i declined these. i said i would like the samsung s5 as it was new out when i purchased my contract and the fone i originally went to upgrade to. but vodafone said i would have to pay £200 to 'upgrade'... but as a goodwill gesture they will knock off £40. 

i explained that this is their fault but have been told that if i cancel my contract, i MUST pay the rest of the contract £370!

surely this isnt right??

please help!!

thanks in advance!

Laura

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A Samung S5 would be an upgrade and, yes, you'd only ever get a like-for-like replacement.  Either there's a faulty batch, or a rogue app is interfering with things.   Have you tried running the device with no additional apps for a few days, just to see what happens?

chasitup

I'm on my second HTC One Mini 2 in 2 months and both have bee faulty. My previous HTC One stopped completely after 18 months. I have no faith in HTC anymore. I never want to see another HTC in my life, they're so unreliable. I'm hoping Vodafone can actually provide a service and swap it for a different device, but service is another question entirely. This will be my last contract with Vodafone unless they start to actually help me here.....

Hi @chasitup,

So that we can look into this further, please have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi @Matt_B,

I actually went into a store on Saturday to speak to someone about it, and was quoted policy and that they were only there for sales. Awful service. I then went home, calmed down and phoned up. The girl I spoke with was going to have it looked into, when I asked her how long before I'd hear back she said she'd send a text to say. I'm still waiting. I also have a complaint in at the moment about the poor level of service I've had since the start of the year. Vodafone have a very long way to go to resolve this to my satisfaction. My laptop is not functioning properly at the moment either so live chat is not the best way to make contact.

Hi @chasitup,

So that we can look into this further, take a look at your private message folder for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Matt

Shady25
I'm having the exact same problem and am getting nowhere! I've told vodafone I don't want the same model but have been told this is policy!!!! I've actually lost track of whether I've had 3 or 4 handsets since Xmas. I was told that it would cost over £800 to buy out my contract. I was basically told that I'll have to put up with this for the 2 year contract, constantly sending my phone away only to be given a new one that doesn't last long. It's costing me time to go to the store, pay for parking and keep buying new screen protectors. Clearly my custom is important when it's renewal time, once they've got you signed up they couldn't care less. Can't wait to leave and have been advised to speak to ofcom.