Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

htc one mini 2 in call mic problems

Leanne1991
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having problems with in call Mic problems, when I get a call the other person can't hear me but when I put it on speaker it's clear?

Has anyone experienced this or know how to resolve this issue?

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds like the microphone is faulty and will need to be looked at by a technician.  You can find out how to get your phone repaired here

PWIAC

I researched it on the internet it seems to be a big issue with HTC and that mobile networks only replace handsets just wondering if anyone had the same problems? 

drey_p

One thing to realise is that you should always take what you read on the internet with a pinch of salt (or a salt mine in some cases).  Sometimes issues are blow out of all proportion and the situation becomes overly exaggerated on the internet and a problem that is in reality only affecting a few thousand people is suddenly affecting millions.

Either way, whether it is a massive issue or not, your handset will have to be sent off for repair.  As a matter of interest, you can also send it off to HTC themselves to have a repair done.  

PWIAC

Good point there, my friend had the same problem as me with the same phone and she had to send her phone back 3 times as the microphone keep going, and she hadn't had her phone long, but worried I've got to go through the same hassle 😖 

I've just gone through some of the topics on here and looks like some people have experienced the same as me, it's a hardware issue and companies just sending a replacement out but even the replacement could do the same problem.

I had a microphone problem with my OM2 within days of getting it. VF replaced it.

The only problem though with companies sending replacement out is no doubt that u will come across the same problem because really they haven't fixed the problems so then u will go through the same bother again

RichardLambert
1: Seeker

I've got the same problem, I've had my contract for about a month now and I'm on my second phone, the first one, mic stopped working and now the same has happened to this one. Vodafone changed my first phone but now they won't this one.
I was told at first i could change the model as this is a well known problem for this phone, then i was told i could not! i had to get it repaired and ALSO buy a phone that i can use in the mean time!

to check to see if it the mic dial *#*#3424#*#* and click on the audio test then just followin the instructions.

P.s. I now have to wait 7-10 days whist they check the voice recordings from the conversation i had with one of the Vodafone guys.

Hi RichardLambert,

The first phone will have been replaced within the first 14 days. We can exchange any phone for any reason within this time.

After the 14 days have passed, you'd need to arrange a repair. You can do so by following the instructions here.

Thanks,

Matt B