Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

phone and message crashing since 4.4.2 update

stukalee
3: Seeker

Since I updated to 4.4.2 last week my phone and message app crashes continually. Each time I send the report to HTC. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions of what I can doe BESIDES a factory reset?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

A factory reset is the ONLY solution so it's best the bite the bullet and get it over and done with. Make sure you backup your data first.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

thesoupdragon
I agree with jeffkinn, you need to do the reset I'm afraid. Even if it went away for repair, the first thing they do is reset the phone, so you may as well do all the backup stuff now. 🙂

stukalee

jeffkin and soupdragon, thanks for your reply

I was dreading that answer but I guess you're right I have to bite the bullet

Thanks again

jeffkinn

It isn't as bad as you think. I've factory reset loads of times. Prepare carefully first. You can easily backup SMS and call logs to the cloud and restore them afterwards. Contacts and diary should already be syncing to a cloud based service. You can upload photos to a cloud service. Pretty much anything can be saved.

Game positions are more difficult and as I'm not a gamer I don't have any suggestions for that.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

thesoupdragon

It is possible to manually backup game saves but is quite involved. If you need help with that, I can write up some instructions.

:smileywink:

stukalee

Well I backed up the phone did the factory reset and I still have a problem but now it is worse. When I receive a phone call the phone app freezes and I have to manually restart the phone. It looks like a trip to the Vodafone shop!

:smileysad:

hrym

It's a long shot, but you could try going into Settings|Apps, then scrolling to All.  I think that both Phone and Message are apps so, if you can find them, clear the cache and data and see if that helps.