Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
gaziz40

......random turning off??.......stock sensation updated to ics ota from vfone

hi guys

as u see from the subject i have an htc sensation updated to ics when it was finally made available ota from vodafone....i have 3 batteries for the phone so the battery drain does not worry me too much.

However, since the update my phone randomly turns off when i do something, anything will do it, try to take a picture, sometimes it turns off, try to read the text i just received, sometimes it turns off...its no app or service in particular it ....yup just turns off.

battery life has no effect on it...

amyone else got any problem like this or am i just the lucky one?

cheers

gary

Message 1 of 12 (9,304 Views)
gaziz40

vodafone 360???

ooooh

whilst i am here, can one of the "tech" guys please explain to me why , after the ics update, i still have vodafone 360 in my apps? i thought it was dead and buried cuz we all hated it...lol sorry could not resist the dig.

that does not make the point any less valid, why is is still there in my new shiny operating system...which, of course, turns my phone off at random times. (yup there is a whole other post about that)

gary

Message 2 of 12 (9,302 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
sbrk

Re: vodafone 360???

Get it repaired. I had one that used to do that. Was sent a refurb which has worked for a couple of months now, and has come thru the ICS upgrade unscathed, except for the volume thing and the increased battery drain.
Message 3 of 12 (9,290 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
cjm1979

Re: ......random turning off??.......stock sensation updated to ics ota from vfone

[ Edited ]

gaziz40 wrote:

hi guys

as u see from the subject i have an htc sensation updated to ics when it was finally made available ota from vodafone....i have 3 batteries for the phone so the battery drain does not worry me too much.

However, since the update my phone randomly turns off when i do something, anything will do it, try to take a picture, sometimes it turns off, try to read the text i just received, sometimes it turns off...its no app or service in particular it ....yup just turns off.

battery life has no effect on it...

amyone else got any problem like this or am i just the lucky one?

cheers

gary

Before sending it off for repair id do a factory reset to see if cures it. I had the same problem on mine when i first got it and this cured it. Sometimes the update might have corrupted other data on the phone and so it might just need a clear out. Just make sure you back up your sms messages first as they will be lost.

With regards to the Vodafone 360 app, with some built in apps that cant be removed you can actually disable them in the settings now. I dont know if you can on the Vodafone app because i dont have it on mine. If from the home screenn you go Menu > Settings > Apps > All Tab > Scroll down to the app and pick it > Is there a disable button at the top? If so select it and accept any warning that comes up. This doesnt uninstall it but stops it running and removes it from the app drawer.

Message 4 of 12 (9,273 Views)
gaziz40

Re: ......random turning off??.......stock sensation updated to ics ota from vfone

tx for the info guys, will try the reset thing, i knew about the nice disable thing but was actually wondering why vodafone would leave it in there at the ics update....seems like the perfect time to get rid of it.

again cheers for the help.

gary

Message 5 of 12 (9,263 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi gaziz40

Thank you for your posts and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

I see you have had some excellent support already from the best community around and would love to be kept updated with how you get on.

If you do decide that a repair is the next option please take the device to your local store and one of our experts will be able to take a look and advise you of your best options or alternatively we can arrange a postal repair.

I am unsure why this app still remains however if you hold down on the app you will be taken to the homescreen and you can drag this in the remove folder.:smileywink:

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 12 (9,254 Views)
gaziz40

hey dave thanks for the response, and welcome, and yes i did have some great feedback from your customers.....not you....your customers...you were pretty late in the day with your advice...still...i am grateful for any response from vodafone.

if i decide on the repair option i would never take my beloved phone to my local vodafone store as every time i go in there and ask them a question the "manager" tells me that they are not vodafone!!! i dunno if its a franchise but they certainly dont consider themselves vodafone, although wearing voda clothing and only selling voda stuff does seem to point to it being a voda store...lol

so that aint really an option.

you are "unsure" why the app remains!!!! its your system for god sake, find out!! not the best response, credit me with enough intelligence to know how to remove an app from my screen...that was never the problem. the problem is that the service is still running and killing it once, or twice, or every 10 seconds for a week wont stop it from running and using my valuable resources and pathetic battery life (but thats another story) there is of course now the disable app solution which i have used since i found it on day one of the update, this does not answer the question of WHY IS IT STILL THERE!!

as i said thanks (yes i really do mean it) for the help but i think you should either respond quicker and with more accurate answers or leave the place to the "amateurs" who seem to do a way better job of it, not just on this forum but on forums in general.

gary

(wonder if this reply will make it to the forum.....or disappear like so many did when we had the great htc desire "update to bloatware" scandal....lol)

Message 7 of 12 (9,240 Views)
gaziz40

and ......breathe........lol

dave, honestly i have nothing against you personally man, just that your system aint that good....but your customers are..
Message 8 of 12 (9,239 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi gaziz40,

I must admit that your comments regarding the store saying that they aren’t Vodafone does have be both concerned and confused as all of our Vodafone Stores are part of Vodafone and we don’t franchise out our stores to a 3rd party.

Can I ask which store it is you go to and if they are on the Store Locator?

In regards to the Application, this is something that we have had mentioned by a few users and we are looking into this internally as all of the manufacturers have been made aware that the service has been discontinued and as such they should no longer be on the new firmware releases.

Also I can confirm that we no longer remove any posts from the eForum unless they contravene any of the eForum terms and conditions.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 12 (9,225 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Roverduck

I had the same issuse untill the other day when it decided nit ti swich back on.

I have sent it for repair.

cheers

RD

HTC Sensation running Stock ROM until I build up the courage to flash a custom ROM.
Message 10 of 12 (9,221 Views)
gaziz40

hi james,

ok the store is the camberley store. 11 cambridge walk, yes its on the store locator. and without a doubt i have been in there three seperate times and when the question was too difficult to answer by a mamber of staff (on each occasion) i was referred to the manager who stated quite categorically that they were not vodafone. as you can probably tell from my previous post, i was none too pleased with this and did mention that a store with vodafone as the name where they only sell vodafone products and the staff all wear vodafone logo clothing really does need to change its theme if it is not vodafone...lol

your reference to vodafone 360 has me completley perplexed. i feel sure that the vodafone (clue in the name here) 360 app has absolutley nothing to do with htc. if they install it as part of a vodafone contract then surely they only install what vodafone tell them to?

and ...with a well defined smirk....i loved your choice of words in the last paragraph of your post......

"Also I can confirm that we no longer remove any posts from the eForum unless they contravene any of the eForum terms and conditions."

does that mean that this did happen in the past!!!...tut, tut, tut, naughty boys....lol i am only jesting with you there it just tickled me when i read it

thanks again for the information,

gary

Message 11 of 12 (9,203 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Gary,

Thanks for getting back to me.

When the eForum was in its infancy there were times when certain content was removed from the eForum however, we have come a very long way in the 4 years that we have been running as you can see and we will never remove any posts other than in the occasions stated above.

In regards to the store, it does sound like a problem with the store that needs to be fed back to the regional manager to pick this up as they are a Vodafone Store, employed by Vodafone directly and not a subcontracted franchise.

We had requested for the Vodafone 360 software to be removed however, I’m not sure why this was still present on the release and I’m afraid we never will know as this isn’t my area.

James

Message 12 of 12 (9,177 Views)