Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sd card not reading

hayleyguraslan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi my htc one sv has been back to the vodafone repair shop for the third time and all seems fine with it apart from my sd card isnt been read. i cant see any of my photos or music etc. do you think its a sd card problem,as it has been taken in and out of 6 phones ( loan phones inluded whilts mine was repaired) over the past month, could it of gotten damaged? how do i reteive my photos? my computer isnt reading or picking up the sd card eith? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Sometimes the SD Card isn't sitting right in the slot so taking it out, wipe and re insert can help.

Sometimes turning the phone Off and On can help.

Some phones have a setting where you can Unmount and Remount it.

Yes Sd Cards can corrupt unfortunately.

Perhaps try an alternative phone as a process of elimination to see if it's the phone or Sd Card at issue.

You could try a Sd Card Reader.

Did you create any back ups of your data at all to your oC using a suite etc ?

You could use Google to see if their are any return hits on help tips but if e card has corrupted and you've not made any back ups then you may have to submit to maybe these are lost - I hope not as I understand how important these things are.

Good luck and I wish you well. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Sometimes the SD Card isn't sitting right in the slot so taking it out, wipe and re insert can help.

Sometimes turning the phone Off and On can help.

Some phones have a setting where you can Unmount and Remount it.

Yes Sd Cards can corrupt unfortunately.

Perhaps try an alternative phone as a process of elimination to see if it's the phone or Sd Card at issue.

You could try a Sd Card Reader.

Did you create any back ups of your data at all to your oC using a suite etc ?

You could use Google to see if their are any return hits on help tips but if e card has corrupted and you've not made any back ups then you may have to submit to maybe these are lost - I hope not as I understand how important these things are.

Good luck and I wish you well. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thesoupdragon

If you can find someone that uses Linux there is a Command Line program called "ddrescue" that can image an unmountable/unreadable drive and copy it's contents to a new card.

Windows won't be able to help you much because it has to be able to mount the device in order to read it.

In future always "Format" the card in the device it is being used in. Part of the format process is to apply a "Tag" within the format structure which is unique to that device. Swapping cards between multiple devices can cause corrupt "Tag line" information, rendering the card unreadable.

Obviously this means backing up the card contents elsewhere first!

TSD