Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unable to connect due to incorrect APN settings

banzaiman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I've just moved from o2 to Vodafone as i cant get a signal in my new house. I have kept my number and can send/recieve txts and calls but i cant get onto the internet. I've checked my APN settings and they are the correct ones. Any ideas

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi banzaiman,

Welcome to the eForum.

When you try and connect to the internet, do you get an error message?

Which phone do you use, as there might be a setting on the phone that just needs a quick update.

Cheers,

Laura

When i connect to the internet I get a Connection Failed This application requires network access. Enable mobile netowrk or Wi-Fi to download data. When i go into Wireless and networks under mobile netowrk i get "Connection Failed due to incorrect APN Settings. Im on PAYG and the settings look correct . Its an HTC Wildfire S

Thanks

Hi banzaiman,

Please follow the instructions here to get the correct settings set to your phone.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt I've followed the link but i get an error message saying "Sorry Unable to send your settings"

Hi banzaiman,

If you text the word WEB to 40127 and save the settings, this should also give you the correct APN’s.

The text is free.

Thanks,

Simon

I've also tried sending the WEB to 40127 and i dont get anything back Thanks

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you go into Settings|Mobile Data, is there the option to "get settings from provider"?  This is a relatively new feature of Android and pulls them down, rather than relying on a push.  If the correct settings are installed, it does seem to go away, though.

If you text WEB as instructed, the settings usually arrive and get installed silently, so you won't necessarily see anything.

There are two possibities: if you've ported your number, the process hasn't completed, or hasn't completed correctly.  Or there's an issue with your SIM and a replacement will fix it.

Bit of an update

Went to the vodafone shop and they gave me a brand new sim and swapped everything accross. Was told after 20 minutes it would work. 20 minutes later still nothing. Went back to shop and was told it was my phone. I got home and placed the sim card in a dfferent phone and im still unable to get on the internet, its clearly not the phone