Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unknown error installation -24 for kindle app

Angie79
4: Newbie
Hi,
I have an HTC One Mini 2.
I've got the latest software. I had a problem with the Kindle App as in all my downloaded & payable books disappeared.
I tried logging out & logging back in but still the same. I then thought I'd try to uninstall & reinstall the app.

It tries to download then during installation I get the following error

unknown error installation -24

I spoken to Kindle/Amazon and they've checked and said all OK there end. Said for me to speak you.

Please help me I'm so frustrated with this phone.... See other posts by me I keep getting other errors as well.

Also phone keeps freezing & turning itself off. Not sure if this is all related.

The phone is only 4 months old 😞

Your help would be a appreciated.

I've not performed a factory reset as this would be the 3rd time in 4 months I've needed to do. Surely something is wrong if I need to keep doing this on a monthly basis.

Thanks
Angie

11 REPLIES 11

Angie79
Hi,
I performed a factory reset & have to do this on a monthly basis as I keep getting these errors. Also phone freezes up & turns itself off unexpectedly. Not all the time intermittently Which is so annoying. Fed up with performing back ups and resetting.
Seems like I just have a faulty phone 😞
Thanks
Angie

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Angie79 

If you've used up a lot of the memory on your phone, you may see it crashing or lagging when you're downloading or performing tasks.

You can check available space and free up unused files via:

• Settings
  • Storage
  • Make more space

If storage isn't an issue, then we can arrange to repair your phone under the warranty. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben

Angie79
Hi Ben,
I have plenty of space on phone and SD cards. Just really annoyed with this now.
I'd like a repair but can't be without a phone and no one offers loan phones 😞
Thanks
Angie

hrym
17: Community Champion

I somehow doubt a repair would solve this and it sounds more like an app issue than anything else.  As a final throw of the dice, try restarting the phone (I don't mean resettting, just turning it off and on) and doing the installation straight away.   It's just possible it's a RAM issue and that it'll work when there are no other app caches and fewer running processes.

Googling the error message produces the suggestion to go into Settings|Apps, opening Google Play Store and hitting the Clear Data button.  Maybe do that first.

Angie79
Hi hrym,

Just tried this and still the same error code.

Thanks
Anyway
Cheers
Angie

Hi @Angie79

We can take a look at the phone for you, check out our repair process.

The store can offer a loan phone providing they have them in stock.

Thanks,

Laura

Angie79
Hi Laura,

I've been to 3 stores now including the one at your head office in Newbury and they all refuse to give me a loan phone and they have them in stock.

Because I don't have insurance and I'm not on Red.

So not sure what else I can do.

Thanks
Angie

hrym

You won't get a loan phone if you don't have either of those things.  Your best option would be to buy a cheap PAYG phone and use that.   You may find that the cost is cheaper than paying extra for a Red contact or insurance over a prolonged period (and you'll have a spare phone for furure use).

I still think it's unlikely to be something that needs a repair and may be an app issue, though I'm a bit stumped as to what it can be.

thesoupdragon

Try using your Phone in "Safe Mode". This stops all 3rd party apps from running (ones you have installed) and only allows ones that came pre installed to work. This will tell you if it is an App issue or a System issue.

1. Long press on the power button to bring up the "power menu"
  2. Long press on the "Power Off" option (approx 5-10 seconds)
  3. the phone will either reboot into safe mode or ask you if you want to reboot into safe mode... tap on yes or OK to accept.

The phone will restart and will be fully functional except for the 3rd party (downloaded apps)

Use the Phone as normal and see if you get crashing...?

If the Phone doesn't crash; It is probably one of your installed apps?

If the Phone does crash; It is probably a system fault and needs a repair.

Restart the Phone to exit Safe Mode.

Wink.gif