Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unknown error installation -24 for kindle app

Angie79
4: Newbie
Hi,
I have an HTC One Mini 2.
I've got the latest software. I had a problem with the Kindle App as in all my downloaded & payable books disappeared.
I tried logging out & logging back in but still the same. I then thought I'd try to uninstall & reinstall the app.

It tries to download then during installation I get the following error

unknown error installation -24

I spoken to Kindle/Amazon and they've checked and said all OK there end. Said for me to speak you.

Please help me I'm so frustrated with this phone.... See other posts by me I keep getting other errors as well.

Also phone keeps freezing & turning itself off. Not sure if this is all related.

The phone is only 4 months old 😞

Your help would be a appreciated.

I've not performed a factory reset as this would be the 3rd time in 4 months I've needed to do. Surely something is wrong if I need to keep doing this on a monthly basis.

Thanks
Angie

11 REPLIES 11

Hi All,

Me again, after a few more months, I then sent the phone away to be repaired, it came back they couldn't repair the phone & gave me a replacement, I don't think it was a new phone maybe a referb one.... well now  a few months on I am having the same issues as well as the battery not even lasting a whole day & also intermittently powering off for no reason. Very annoying. Will NEVER buy a HTC again.

I am now on a Red plan so what options do I have regarding this?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks

Angie

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you're on a Red plan, I think you qualify for loan device while yours is away.   The battery issue you describe sounds very like one that's at the end of its life.   If you haven't been allowing it to go flat, which will shorten that considerably, the previous owner, if this was a refurbished replacement, may have.

It's usual to provide a refurbished replacement rather than a brand new phone as yours wasn't new when it went in.   The warranty still applies, though.   If you want a brand new one (if yours can't be repaired), it's best to go direct to the manufacturer.   As this is a Vodafone-repaired device, I'm not sure what the position is, but it might be worth a try.  You can contact them via their website.  HTC are generally pretty good about repairs, from the reports I've seen.

When you say "the same issues", do you mean with app installations?   That sounds like a software issue that may be solved by a factory reset