03-11-2012 10:13 PM - edited 03-11-2012 10:28 PM
There is a requirement for devices to pass the CTS or access to play store may be withdrawn by Google.
I ran the CTS against the current B936 OTA UK Vodafone release
It fails (this is important) - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d_9yLmWZa8Njzg
Would be nice to have some feedback on whether Vodafone/Huawei really did re-release this in error, again.
It was released once before, months ago and pulled from Huawei's website due to it being broken. They apologised. They then had to publish a downgrade procedure. Just for this.
You'll be aware of the other problems but just to keep everything together for ease of reference:-
1. Dictionary broken.
2. Caller ID broken - it doesn't display in time.
3. No hardware accelerated UI despite documented written promises.:-
4. Reverts to internal storage after reboot even if you tell it to use the SD card.
5. Sluggish and slows down over time leading to force closes etc - bad memory management.
6. Still defaults back to factory ringtones when connected to PC or powered off.
7. IMPORTANT ONE THIS. The security flaw that allows the sim card to be destroyed when visiting a malicious url has not been patched in this build.
05-11-2012 12:01 PM
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.
05-11-2012 06:32 PM
Sorry, I got stuck in HAL/Vodafone mode there for a while
I've emailed vodafone and huawei execs
If I hear nothing back in a couple of days I'll submit the CTS report to google. Ultimately, if it comes to it there's always the legal option.
I had a spat with Microsoft once. That was fun.