Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I complain

JessicaRyan
Not applicable
After wasting HOURS this week with advisors, the last one has given me a FAKE email address.
18 REPLIES 18

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello JessicaRyan

You would do better to explain the problems you are having.

This would give the Tech Team something to go on when they get around to the thread and the Team would be in a better position to give you help and advise.

The email address you would have been given has been discontinued but the Tech Team will soon help.

rahendy
2: Seeker

I have had an account with Vodafone for many years but over the last couple of years the network coverage has been getting worse. I live close to the  centre of Cardiff and have no 3G in Roath,nothing at all in my house! It used to work here but not anymore! If i get on the M4 west i finally get 3G at Bridgend and if i head east i will pick it up in Newport! When i leave my house i start to get voicemail alerts!! This is no longer good enough. Who do i contact to complain??? This site is useless!

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you are experiencing network issues, the first thing to do is go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC

Post Title: 'First half of post code - CF24

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? No 3G in my house anymore - used to be weak but did work over a year ago. Now i have intermittant or no 3G in CF24 area

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. CF24 4TZ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Unknown - i have only 1

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Sporadic voicemail notifications when my phone has not rung, if i do get a signal in the house the call will cut off due to lack of signal.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

2G as no 3G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Graduallyover the last year but now i have started a business and it is more important not to miss calls at home

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent

Hi rahendy and welcome to the eForum,

The local coverage in your area seems to be generally good. However, at your specific postcode, you’re right on the edge of coverage.

This looks to be a general coverage issue, rather than a fault.

I’d suggest taking a look at our Sure signal device. For more information on this, see here.

Thanks,

Wayne

rahendy
Hi Wayne,
Why do I need to pay £100 for a device to make vodafones network work? It's worked in the past perfectly fine. If changes have been made to the network I shouldn't have to pay to get a signal where I previously had one! I am not happy about this what so ever! I'd rather go to another network that does have the coverage without me paying them for the privilege.

Hi rahendy,

You’re on the edge of 3G coverage but you should have decent 2G coverage.

Switching to 2G only should give you a more stable connection.

As your airtime Ts&Cs don’t guarantee indoor service in a fixed location and you're still able to receive 2G, we’re unable to cancel your contract free of charge.

Thanks,

Simon

hrym

As I understand it, they way 3G works is that it's a contended service, which means that connections get slower the more people are on, and the coverage area can also shrink slightly, which will be most noticeable if you're one the edge of a 3G cell.  Smartphones are becoming more and more popular and network structures are struggling to keep up, although there is a lot that Vodafone are doing to ease the situation.  That'll be why you're seeing a deterioration of the service.

Switching to 2G will indeed give you a more stable conenction, but it will, of course, be much slower and some apps will struggle to update themselves over it.

It's not much consolation, but 4G works in an entirely different way and offers much mroe stable connections.  At the moment, it's a limited and premium service, but I'd expect the see prices come down as it's rolled out mroe widely.

Northern-dj
Here has got this spot on
Avoid looking at the coverage checker map as that is not at all accurate just a guide I have had this argument with them
This sounds like a mast issue, it may not be totally Down or half down or as hyrm has said it could be over subscribed or having to cover for another site
Post on the network thread reporting this, and on there instead of just looking at the reporting screen they look at the tower
Now Cardiff is down for a improvement to 4G now they could be on with this .my area had a naff 3 in fact it only worked when it rained. Now I have full 3G and a patchy 4G were VF say I should have a good 4G