Support:

Huawei

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Craigy1892

Huawei Ascend G300 Update Problems

Hi

This could be the new home of the Huawei G300 ICS update problems.

anyway could someone from the techteam please tell us when the downgrade from B952 is coming.

Thanks Craigy1892

Message 641 of 850 (6,267 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Re: Huawei Ascend G300 Update Problems

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your posts on this. 

So that we're fully aware of all the issues you are experiencing can you please post back with the firmware version you are running and a bullet point list of the issues you are seeing?

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 642 of 850 (6,218 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
DavidTunstall

List of issues every time I power off:

• Storage defaults back to internal instead of external card
  • Call volumne reverts to very low level
  • Ringtone reverts to default

Firmware details:

Baseband 2030

Build Number U8815V100R001C02B952

Anything more you need?

Message 643 of 850 (6,209 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
Annie_N

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the response, as it was getting a little lonely, apparently talking away to ourselves.

I'm sure that DavidTunstall won't be alone in providing you with a list of problems (come on, folks!), although I can't add to the list from my own experience, as I retreated from B936 to B895 in November, and have decided to stay there until it looks as though B952 is rather better sorted.

But I am a little concerned about the seeming lack of continuity on the Vodafone side.  JD had been monitoring this thread, and seemed to have an excellent grasp of most of the issues, but hasn't posted anything anywhere since 28-12-12.  He may be taking a well-deserved break from dealing with aggrieved G300 owners, or have moved on to other things entirely, but must have left some briefing notes on all this?

Ann

Message 644 of 850 (6,162 Views)
Craigy1892

Hi Annie

The only problem with the B952 Update is the lagginess of some apps and the whole update package.

The other problems, eg. ringtone, internal storage, etc are fine.

Thanks Craigy1892

Message 645 of 850 (6,160 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
spoon

currently running: 4.0.3

build no: B952

heres my list:

• browser stops working (which is everyday), 
  • browser randomly jumps to previous sites visited, sometimes sites iv'e not visited for weeks.
  • phone displays it is still connected to the PC, when it's not.
  • home screen icons randomly disappear.
  • overall lag to the browser.
  • unresponsive to swipe commands.
  • touchpad slow when texting, need to tap same letter 2,3 times before it's input.
  • camera slow when taking pictures, up to 8 seconds before it actually captures a shot from tapping the screen button. 

i think that's my lot of problems, if there's more i'l post ASAP

Message 646 of 850 (6,146 Views)
BradfordBadger

Sorry to add my problems into the melting pot and I cannot remember which version ICE it was. However I do know it was the first upgade option rolled out by Vodafone. Problems included:

- Dictionary did not work.

- Battery life of 1 day.

I cannot report other problems because I down graded within a few days of the update and not tried to upgrade since.

Sorry!

Message 647 of 850 (6,140 Views)
MEL-G

Hi Wayne,

As previously posted, my G300 is stuck in the half way house B895 build. (Baseband version 109808, Kernel version 2.6.38.6-perf android@localhost # 1, build number U8815V100R001C02B895). I have tried many times to install the B936_F update but it refuses to complete the installation even though it says it has. 

Compared with the tales of woe in this overgrown thread, my phone works perfectly at this build. So I'm happy to remain at B895 unless a new and fully tested ICS build is offered.

Cheers,

MEL-G

Message 648 of 850 (6,121 Views)
DavidTunstall

Oh, yes. I forgot the dictionary issue. Add that to my list. I fixed that with info from some website info. Shouldn"t have to do that, tho
Message 649 of 850 (6,103 Views)
adbaby

Hi Tech team.

Ref G300 Problems with I.C.S.  My build number is 4.0.3, Model Number U8815, Baseband 2030, Build Number B952 and Kernel Version is 3.0.8-perf-00246-g320a16f, android@localhost#1. The problems is am experiencing are. Total Phone lag, Apps mainly Games like Coin Dozer, Bubble Shoot, Crash or lag. The keypad is very slow to respond, Phone stalls and can only be restarted by Battery removal, Storage reverts back to Internal, Ring tones go to minimum sound. Facebook app does not update, Problems with uploading photos. Poor Signal. Battery lasts less than 20Hrs. My Picture's / photos in the Gallery, keep going missing and Apps move around on the screens. So Gallery would be on the first screen one minute, then the last screen the next. Also sometimes my phone will not recieve texes or calls, even though I have a signal and remains lifeless. Then when I restart it I get bonbarded with missed calls and tex notifications. I never had any of these problems before the B952 Update. I installed the original I.C.S update, then reverted back without any problems. Then upgraded again to B952f when you released the second I.C.S Update. I was very happy with my phone until this update ruined it. I now don't trust the phone to work properly  and am thinking of going back to the original Os again.

Message 650 of 850 (6,073 Views)
spoon

currently running: 4.0.3

build no: B952

a couple more problems i found :

• Accelerometer randomly unresponsive
  • on/off button randomly adjusts volume
Message 651 of 850 (6,039 Views)
btaylor18

Morning Tech team,

My G300 is currently with Vodafone Repair team as I got fed up waiting for a resolution to the problem I had which centered around Bluetooth connection to my in-car system.  It worked fine until November when the whole ICS update saga started since then I have been back to Gingerbread V. 895 and updated to ICS V.952 with the so called fix. Cannot get back to Gingerbread now unfortunately, hence sending the phone away for repair, just hope they give me it back with Gingerbread installed as I have requested.   There are other minor faults with the phone some occasional time lag and shortcuts moving around.  Also less than 24 hours battery life and phone changing settings randomly and phone volume has been an issue.

Regards

Brian

Message 652 of 850 (5,999 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
Annie_N

adbaby wrote:

am thinking of going back to the original Os again.

Hi adbaby

Unfortunately the present situation is that there's no official way back from B952 to B895 other than a warranty repair - indeed there may be no unofficial route either, there certainly hasn't been any mention that I've seen.

You might want to join the campaign for a resolution to this situation, either here or here

Ann

Message 653 of 850 (5,991 Views)
jamesed28

[ Edited ]

I'm running B952 and

• My messages sometimes hang on sending and don't send for hours.
  • The default browser always crashes.
  • The maps app is never responsive
  • The phone app sometimes crashes which makes it impossible to ring anybody.
  • The default storage changes to internal memory after the phone is restarted sometimes.
  • The phone turns off and restarts by itself on several occasions - Probably a memory issue.
  • The keyboard crashes all the time and it's not possible to type anything.
  • If I minimize an app and open messages etc. the apps always restart when I try to open them again. 
  • A couple of times this week my phone has had the screen go blank/the phone turned off, and the lock button doesn't turn it back on, and holding it down to turn on/off does nothing. I've had to take out the battery to get it to work again.
Message 654 of 850 (5,934 Views)
Craigy1892

Hi

Taking onboard all of the problems listed, i will say that the only things wrong with the B952 build are:

1. When you exit a app/game and start up messages/gallery/browser, the game/app always restarts.
  2. The phone is really unresponive. (takes upto 5 minutes when you press the home button)
  3. Google search bar widget crashes once or twice, before you even type anything/when you type.
  4. internal storage is being taken up by something larger than 100MB. (I think it could be down to the mysterious "phone tests" app on the phone.

The only things good with the B952 build are:

1. the phone ringtone/internal storage options are put right.
  2. the dictionary is correct.
  3. the phone screen displays the caller ID perfectly.

Your move, the Tech Team.

Thanks Craigy1892

Message 655 of 850 (5,913 Views)
Moodyone

Thanks Wayne, this question has been asked several times by the Tech Team, do you expect different answers this time?

Copied and pasted from ealier in this thread. 

The following are the faults that come with the ICS update.
1. Dictionary broken. Now Fixed (As far as I can tell the only issue fixed with the release B952)

2. Caller ID broken - it doesn't always display in time.
3. No hardware accelerated UI despite documented written promises.
4. Reverts to internal storage after restart, having set it to use SD card as default storage location.
5. Sluggish and slows down over time leading to force closes etc - bad memory management.
6. Defaults back to factory ringtones when connected to PC or powered off.
7. The security flaw that allows the sim card to be destroyed (USSD vulnerability) when visiting a malicious URL, has not been patched.

This last one (7) I have no experiance of and only read about it but if true and it is widely acknowledged to be so, Vodafone has a duty of care to it's customers. At the very least a critical update patch should be released immediately.

Message 656 of 850 (5,900 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
chriswyatt

I'm running B952 . Here are the problems I've had:

- Occasionally when texting, the keyboard becomes completely unresponsive, I have to save my text, exit and go back in. This is with Android keyboard.

- Sometimes reverts to internal storage

- Browser often crashes

- Out of space errors even though storage settings reports plenty of free space

- Can be very sluggish sometimes

- Once had issue with caller ID not appearing in time, usually seems OK though

- WiFi button in notification panel doesn't work a lot of the time, or takes ages to switch it off.

Also I had the problem with Facebook not updating, managed to fix it but can't remember what I did. Sorry.

There's probably more I've forgotten about.
Message 657 of 850 (5,878 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
chrisnutt

really strange i have no trouble with ics apart from not receiving texts hours after they been sent but vodafone sent me messages settings an that problem gone.wonder if its because phone came with ics ?
Message 658 of 850 (5,858 Views)
jamesed28

Looks like I'm not the only one with the keyboard problem. I also forgot to include that the data and wifi switches don't work sometimes, and take a long time to respond.

Message 659 of 850 (5,747 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information, I have passed this on to our Devices Team for further investigation.

Cheers

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 660 of 850 (5,704 Views)