19-01-2013 10:14 AM
19-01-2013 10:42 AM
List of issues every time I power off:
- Storage defaults back to internal instead of external card
- Call volumne reverts to very low level
- Ringtone reverts to default
Build Number U8815V100R001C02B952
Anything more you need?
19-01-2013 04:10 PM
Thanks for the response, as it was getting a little lonely, apparently talking away to ourselves.
I'm sure that DavidTunstall won't be alone in providing you with a list of problems (come on, folks!), although I can't add to the list from my own experience, as I retreated from B936 to B895 in November, and have decided to stay there until it looks as though B952 is rather better sorted.
But I am a little concerned about the seeming lack of continuity on the Vodafone side. JD had been monitoring this thread, and seemed to have an excellent grasp of most of the issues, but hasn't posted anything anywhere since 28-12-12. He may be taking a well-deserved break from dealing with aggrieved G300 owners, or have moved on to other things entirely, but must have left some briefing notes on all this?
If it helped, give it a 'Thumbs up'. Solved? - click 'Problem Solved'
19-01-2013 04:17 PM
The only problem with the B952 Update is the lagginess of some apps and the whole update package.
The other problems, eg. ringtone, internal storage, etc are fine.
19-01-2013 05:07 PM
currently running: 4.0.3
build no: B952
heres my list:
- browser stops working (which is everyday),
- browser randomly jumps to previous sites visited, sometimes sites iv'e not visited for weeks.
- phone displays it is still connected to the PC, when it's not.
- home screen icons randomly disappear.
- overall lag to the browser.
- unresponsive to swipe commands.
- touchpad slow when texting, need to tap same letter 2,3 times before it's input.
- camera slow when taking pictures, up to 8 seconds before it actually captures a shot from tapping the screen button.
i think that's my lot of problems, if there's more i'l post ASAP
19-01-2013 05:18 PM
Sorry to add my problems into the melting pot and I cannot remember which version ICE it was. However I do know it was the first upgade option rolled out by Vodafone. Problems included:
- Dictionary did not work.
- Battery life of 1 day.
I cannot report other problems because I down graded within a few days of the update and not tried to upgrade since.
19-01-2013 06:20 PM
As previously posted, my G300 is stuck in the half way house B895 build. (Baseband version 109808, Kernel version 220.127.116.11-perf android@localhost # 1, build number U8815V100R001C02B895). I have tried many times to install the B936_F update but it refuses to complete the installation even though it says it has.
Compared with the tales of woe in this overgrown thread, my phone works perfectly at this build. So I'm happy to remain at B895 unless a new and fully tested ICS build is offered.
19-01-2013 11:18 PM
Hi Tech team.
Ref G300 Problems with I.C.S. My build number is 4.0.3, Model Number U8815, Baseband 2030, Build Number B952 and Kernel Version is 3.0.8-perf-00246-g320a16f, android@localhost#1. The problems is am experiencing are. Total Phone lag, Apps mainly Games like Coin Dozer, Bubble Shoot, Crash or lag. The keypad is very slow to respond, Phone stalls and can only be restarted by Battery removal, Storage reverts back to Internal, Ring tones go to minimum sound. Facebook app does not update, Problems with uploading photos. Poor Signal. Battery lasts less than 20Hrs. My Picture's / photos in the Gallery, keep going missing and Apps move around on the screens. So Gallery would be on the first screen one minute, then the last screen the next. Also sometimes my phone will not recieve texes or calls, even though I have a signal and remains lifeless. Then when I restart it I get bonbarded with missed calls and tex notifications. I never had any of these problems before the B952 Update. I installed the original I.C.S update, then reverted back without any problems. Then upgraded again to B952f when you released the second I.C.S Update. I was very happy with my phone until this update ruined it. I now don't trust the phone to work properly and am thinking of going back to the original Os again.
20-01-2013 11:12 AM
Morning Tech team,
My G300 is currently with Vodafone Repair team as I got fed up waiting for a resolution to the problem I had which centered around Bluetooth connection to my in-car system. It worked fine until November when the whole ICS update saga started since then I have been back to Gingerbread V. 895 and updated to ICS V.952 with the so called fix. Cannot get back to Gingerbread now unfortunately, hence sending the phone away for repair, just hope they give me it back with Gingerbread installed as I have requested. There are other minor faults with the phone some occasional time lag and shortcuts moving around. Also less than 24 hours battery life and phone changing settings randomly and phone volume has been an issue.
20-01-2013 11:21 AM
am thinking of going back to the original Os again.
Unfortunately the present situation is that there's no official way back from B952 to B895 other than a warranty repair - indeed there may be no unofficial route either, there certainly hasn't been any mention that I've seen.
If it helped, give it a 'Thumbs up'. Solved? - click 'Problem Solved'
20-01-2013 03:57 PM - edited 20-01-2013 04:01 PM
I'm running B952 and
- My messages sometimes hang on sending and don't send for hours.
- The default browser always crashes.
- The maps app is never responsive
- The phone app sometimes crashes which makes it impossible to ring anybody.
- The default storage changes to internal memory after the phone is restarted sometimes.
- The phone turns off and restarts by itself on several occasions - Probably a memory issue.
- The keyboard crashes all the time and it's not possible to type anything.
- If I minimize an app and open messages etc. the apps always restart when I try to open them again.
- A couple of times this week my phone has had the screen go blank/the phone turned off, and the lock button doesn't turn it back on, and holding it down to turn on/off does nothing. I've had to take out the battery to get it to work again.
20-01-2013 04:55 PM
Taking onboard all of the problems listed, i will say that the only things wrong with the B952 build are:
- When you exit a app/game and start up messages/gallery/browser, the game/app always restarts.
- The phone is really unresponive. (takes upto 5 minutes when you press the home button)
- Google search bar widget crashes once or twice, before you even type anything/when you type.
- internal storage is being taken up by something larger than 100MB. (I think it could be down to the mysterious "phone tests" app on the phone.
The only things good with the B952 build are:
- the phone ringtone/internal storage options are put right.
- the dictionary is correct.
- the phone screen displays the caller ID perfectly.
Your move, the Tech Team.
20-01-2013 05:14 PM
Thanks Wayne, this question has been asked several times by the Tech Team, do you expect different answers this time?
Copied and pasted from ealier in this thread.
The following are the faults that come with the ICS update.
1. Dictionary broken. Now Fixed (As far as I can tell the only issue fixed with the release B952)
2. Caller ID broken - it doesn't always display in time.
3. No hardware accelerated UI despite documented written promises.
4. Reverts to internal storage after restart, having set it to use SD card as default storage location.
5. Sluggish and slows down over time leading to force closes etc - bad memory management.
6. Defaults back to factory ringtones when connected to PC or powered off.
7. The security flaw that allows the sim card to be destroyed (USSD vulnerability) when visiting a malicious URL, has not been patched.
This last one (7) I have no experiance of and only read about it but if true and it is widely acknowledged to be so, Vodafone has a duty of care to it's customers. At the very least a critical update patch should be released immediately.
20-01-2013 06:17 PM
- Occasionally when texting, the keyboard becomes completely unresponsive, I have to save my text, exit and go back in. This is with Android keyboard.
- Sometimes reverts to internal storage
- Browser often crashes
- Out of space errors even though storage settings reports plenty of free space
- Can be very sluggish sometimes
- Once had issue with caller ID not appearing in time, usually seems OK though
- WiFi button in notification panel doesn't work a lot of the time, or takes ages to switch it off.
Also I had the problem with Facebook not updating, managed to fix it but can't remember what I did. Sorry.
There's probably more I've forgotten about.
20-01-2013 07:12 PM