Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Ascend ICS update problems

statusmellow
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi!  My first problem was that the SD card I had in the phone was too full.  I switched to a larger capacity microSD card and the phone prompted me to download the update again.  I did this.  Now when I go to Settings-> About Phone->Online Upgrade->Firmware Upgrade nothing happens at all.  It doesn't check onine for updates or anything.  I can see a file on the SD card which looks like the Zip file for the upgrade.  I have restarted the phone and switched out the two SD cards.  Same result every time!  HELP PLEASE!!!

Many thanks,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion

It ight be worth backup up your phone and doing a full factory reset.

It should pickup the update after that

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Craigy1892
7: Helper
7: Helper
Hi

Sounds like you need to contact Vodafone Tech Team about this matter.

Thanks Craig

OK I've emailed them.  Thank you.

Nabs

It ight be worth backup up your phone and doing a full factory reset.

It should pickup the update after that

YES!  This worked.  My advice to anyone reading this is have a BIG capacity sd card installed with lots of space!  More than you think, like 4GB free.

Thanks!

Sorry I mean what worked was factory reset, then install with lots of space on my SD card.  Thanks everyone.

Hi,

Yesterday i tried to update my huawei ascend G300. I backup up photo's and contacts, and initiated the upgrade process. The upgrade process seemed to complete, but my phone is now completely unusable.

Almost immediately after booting, the phone now stops working with the following message "2D Home is not responding would you like to close it?"

I have restarted the phone a number of times. Removed the battery etc. Nothing i do has helped, the phone is competely broken.

How can i get back to the previous version, or repeat the upgrade??

Cheers

Gerard

Hi GerardPhillips,

Have things changed since you posted?

I'd recommend doing a factory reset. Make sure you've backed everything up though.

If this doesn't help then we'll need to look at the repair option. There's more about that here.

Thanks

Ian

Hi,

I tried doing a factory reset - under settings/backup and restore/factory data reset. This had no effect, and took ages as the phone was so unstable that it often crashed before i got there.

Then i restarted the phone in recovery mode, and did a facroty reset from there - that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Gerard

hrym

It sounds as though the system cache had got corrupted.  I believe that resetting from recovery mode clears a bit more than the "normal" route.