Support:

Latest Vodafone news

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jamesleigh

Re: NEWS: Response to your HMRC comments

A very clever PR spun response totally avoiding the issue and hiding behind the existing lie by focussing on saying you meet your tax liabilities, the issue is you somehow managed to get the head of the HMRC to write of your tax liabilities, you tried to hide your operations by using tax loopholes and tax havens but got caught out, pay up and then shut up because we don't believe your urban myths.
Message 21 of 43 (22,460 Views)
DonGordon

Why don't all you vodafone user start asking when will vodafone start paying corporation tax?

Posted from Facebook

Message 22 of 43 (22,238 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Vodafone and UK Tax - Private Eye article

[ Edited ]
Message 23 of 43 (21,691 Views)
bc96

[ Edited ]
So we can discuss this, but they aren't actually going to answer any of the questions.
The Vodafone statement that linked me here said it DID have an office in SWITZERLAND. It then said private eye
Had confused it with a company that had operations in SWITZERLAND. so this office in Switzerland... Is what,
If not an operation? Or is it because Vodafone DOES NOT CLAIM to have operations in
Switzerland? So if Vodafone doesn't say it has an office in Switzerland, that means there's not one?
A complete contradiction and all in the same statement.

Furthermore what they're saying is Private Eye and the BIJ went to Switzerland (presumably with no lead because it's untrue 'allegedly') interviewed people at the office thats not an operation and doesn't exist, found absolutley nothing out, came back to England and wrote a report...on nothing, because nothing was happening. How likely is this, really? If there was nothing going on, why would they use lots of time, resources and money on it? Two cooperations joining together...to report on a non existant story. And as if Private Eye can afford to print untrue things and get sued by an operation as big as Vodafone. I didn't see the words allegedly after that article.

Speaking of which, are Vodafone suing the Eye like many others? Was there any mentions of them doing so? No? How odd. Or maybe not so much so. But surely they could, saying as it is 'inaccurate' and 'misleading'? Why don't I see this happening? The Eye would hardly write a story they knew wouldn't stand up in court, they knew the effect it would have, they know they could be in big trouble...but they aren't.
And exactly, its ethics. You pay that amount of tax because thats what you earn. And you don't pay less because you have 'connections' it mightn't matter so much if it wasn't people who do owe large amounts of tax.
Ok so it wasn't 6 billion. How much was it, then? More? Less? Did they make the figure up or is it, essentially, 6 billion? They aren't going to say anyway. Lets just wait for the next issue of Private Eye because, at least, from them we can expect some actual answers.
Message 24 of 43 (21,593 Views)
bc96

So we can discuss this, but they aren't actually going to answer any of the questions.
The vodafone statement that linked me here said it DID have an office in SWITZERLAND. It then said Private Eye
Had confused it with a company that had operations in SWITZERLAND. so this office in switzerland... Is wat,
If not an operation? Or is it because vodafone DOES NOT CLAIM to have operations in
Switzerland? So if vodafone doesn't say it has an office in switzerland, that means there's not one?
A complete contradiction and all in the same statement.

Furthermore what there saying is Private Eye and the BIJ went to switzerland (presumably with no lead because it's untrue 'allegedly') interviewed people at the office thats not an operation and doesn't exist, found absolutley nothing out, came back to england and wrote a report...on nothing, because nothing was happening. How likely is this, really? If there was nothing going on, why would they use lots of time, resources and money on it? Two cooperations joining together...to report on a non existant story. And as if Private Eye can afford to print untrue things and get sued by an operation as big as vodafone. I didn't see the words allegedly after that article.

Speaking of which, are Vodafone suing the Eye like many others? Was there any mentions of them doing so? No? How odd. Or maybe not so much so. But surely they could, saying as it is 'inaccurate' and 'misleading'? Why don't I see this happening? The Eye would hardly write a story they knew wouldn't stand up in court, they knew the effect it would have, they know they could be in big trouble...but they aren't. And I can't help feeling that if they did, the Eye would refer them to the reply given in the case of Arkell V. Pressdram
And exactly, its ethics. You pay that amount of tax because thats what you earn. And you don't pay less because you have 'connections' it mightn't matter so much if it wasn't people who do owe large amounts of tax.
Ok so it wasn't 6 billion. How much was it, then? More? Less? They aren't going to say anyway. Lets just wait for the next issue of Private Eye because, at least, from them we can expect some actual answers.
Message 25 of 43 (21,586 Views)
bc96

Then we are told to go to faq and statements? Why are these frequently asked questions? And there's no truth in any of it. vodafones statement shouldn't need to go in points as it has. If they haven't then that's all they need to say... And then provide some adequate proof. How do we know, if they can't prove it? They should be able to, and they can't just expect us to believe them, because as I highlighted above, their a major cooperation and far less likely to give answers than the Eye, which is there to inform us when things like this go on. And being so cliche as to point us to a premade page and expect us not to notice that it doesn't quite all add up, both in the figures and where the Eye is concerned. If they want to ignore us then fine. But a company that deals with the public won't benefit from insulting the public.
Message 26 of 43 (21,569 Views)
SedricHadenough

Why wont vodafone pay the 6 billion pounds in tax they owe the UK?

Posted from Facebook
why wont vodaphone pay the 6 billion pounds they owe the UK? And yet at the same time ask its customers to give to charity? i dont understand why vodafone treats us customers so very terribly and at the same time put nothing back into the country where it makes such sickeningly vast profits? it seems very unfair on everyone and it is not doing your reputation as a company any good is it.
Message 27 of 43 (18,465 Views)
Rank 40: Professor IV
thesoupdragon

Re: Why wont vodafone pay the 6 billion pounds in tax they owe the UK?

SedricHadenough wrote:
why wont vodaphone pay the 6 billion pounds they owe the UK? And yet at the same time ask its customers to give to charity? i dont understand why vodafone treats us customers so very terribly and at the same time put nothing back into the country where it makes such sickeningly vast profits? it seems very unfair on everyone and it is not doing your reputation as a company any good is it.

ROFL.gif

Read this...

http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/media/faqs_statements/vodafone_uktax.html

Autism_sig.png

Message 28 of 43 (18,450 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
DVDfever

Re: Call from 08080996746

PS. Vodafone - pay your tax!

Message 29 of 43 (16,522 Views)
JacquelineHarthill

When are you going to pay your UK taxes in full? You're a greedy, immoral, unethical company!

Posted from Facebook
When are you going to pay your UK taxes in full? When are you going to pay your UK taxes in full? When are you going to pay your UK taxes in full? When are you going to pay your UK taxes in full? When are you going to pay your UK taxes in full?
Message 30 of 43 (15,355 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

Re: When are you going to pay your UK taxes in full? You're a greedy, immoral, unethical company!

Jacqueline,

Two responses from a fellow customer - I have moved your posting to a thread that already exists

Second - they have, they have, they have.

Last year Vodafone paid £2.5 billion in taxes worldwide. In the UK the corporation tax, national insurance and VAT payments would be astronomical.

Don't be taken in by the BS shoved out by the anti capitalist protestors.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 31 of 43 (15,358 Views)
DugaldtheelderFerguson

Vodafone, why do you not pay your taxes in the UK when you derive so much income from the country?

Posted from Facebook
Vodafone, why do you not pay your taxes in the UK when you derive so much income from the country? I would like to return to Vodafone as my mobile supplier, but refuse to do so until you do right by my country and pay your taxes
Message 32 of 43 (15,354 Views)
Rank 29: Mentor III
Magicman13

Re: Vodafone, why do you not pay your taxes in the UK when you derive so much income from the countr

Vodafone "Have" paid their Taxes. are you just bandwagon jumping here? Read something in the daily mail or private eye and taken it as the gospel truth?

I believe Vodafone are putting in place legal action against Private eye for damages based on lies they have spread.

Try doing some research before coming on here and posting the same things that have already been said.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
Message 33 of 43 (15,151 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
akeister

Re: Vodafone, why do you not pay your taxes in the UK when you derive so much income from the countr

So many first time posters asking teh same question.

Anyonme would think it was a set up by some pro tax group.

Now dont get me wrong. I belive we should all pay as least amount of tax as possible.

Taxation is government theft.

Yes, if they colleced a basic amount of tax for the basic services we require, then OK I will reluctantly pay towards services I have no need for.

HOWEVER all governments waste OUR money.

You get apid, they tax it, they tax the company you work fo because they pay you.

They then tax you for buying any service and tax you for any money you dont spend.

And what do they do with the BILLIONS they take off us? they pay themselves very high salaries and expenses, they pay government workers millions to handle the paperwork.

Then they spend OUR money on the EU (VAT is an EU tax) they spend billions on overseas aid yet wont soend trhe money on our hospitals, schools or roads.

They spend Millions on windmills in Africa, they spend Billions on Vanity objects like the HS2 and they spend Billions on letting the feckless UK Uncut lot not work and get paid "benefits"

Of course, a small amount of the TAX they take from us is spend on needy people and services, but the majority is weed away.

So you carry on Vodafone pay the least amount of tax you can, until we have a government with a flat tax system and that does not waste our money

Message 34 of 43 (13,136 Views)
dhnperumal

[ Edited ]

? With Best Regards., V.Dhanaperumal Mob.No: (removed for security)

Message 35 of 43 (13,069 Views)
Rank 29: Mentor III
Magicman13

Dhnperumal, What is your question?

You have just posted a Question mark, could you maybe elaborate on your query, thanks.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
Message 36 of 43 (11,897 Views)
awright991

[ Edited ]
Hi your all complaining about vodafone, at least they pay tax unlike some I could mention (barclays brothers, amazon, Microsoft, play.com) and the main reason is that they pay corporate tax in theyre own country's (apart from the barclays, which should be hung). Until the HRMC stops companies getting away with corprate tax it will always be the same. BTW where does all your tax go to, helping other country's instead of our own.

PS I support the red cross and so forth so I'm not saying that they don't deserve our help
Message 37 of 43 (8,695 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

What has not been mentioned is any bills Vodafone get 

We its customers end up paying this as they pass this on 

Now as of March there are new rules coming in regarding off shore tax avoidance, these rules are so strong play.com will be ending trading in the UK 

Now this government will not clamp down on these massive companies as all they will do is Move totally out of the UK this would not look good for this government 

But the HMRC is catching up with these Big shots and they know it 

Vodafone is no longer a British company probs why its still going 

I'm sure if they have done something wrong they will get caught out, but clearly if they were paying there way that is more money going to the treasury.

But then were does it go it gets given away or lines some ones back pocket we don't see it.

So lets hope the money they have not spent on taxes does not fund stupid fashion shows and gets spend on getting a better network 

Message 38 of 43 (6,611 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

I'm interested as to why you posted this NDJ. The whole story of corporate tax is one of misunderstanding and misinformation in my opinion. Firstly, this isn't a British problem it is a serous international problem. Companies that move profits out of high tax areas into low tax regions are doing nothing wrong and nothing illegal. They have a legal duty to the owners of those companies, the shareholders, to minimise taxation and maximise profits. If the UK government believes that tax regulations need to be strengthened to bring more profits into the tax pool they should change the law. For instance, the US has a regime where worldwide profits are subject to domestic US corporate tax. This means that a British company that opens an office in the US could find that the profits it makes in Britain become subject to US corporate tax. This has the effect of stifling the growth of international business.

Also corporate taxes account for a very small proportion of tax revenue. All companies, including Vodafone generate huge tax revenues in the form of employers national insurance, now running at 13% and VAT of 20%. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 39 of 43 (6,595 Views)
electronicpunk

Looks like they dodged tax again this year.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/343009068279033857

BUT still had the nerve to increase contract prices this year - both contracts cancelled as promised a few months ago.

Happy over on a certain 4G network at the moment, their data works when you need it - quite a revelation.

Message 40 of 43 (3,915 Views)