Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 950 Internet APN settings

W357W00D
2: Seeker

Am hoping someone can help me.

I have a sim-only contract with Vodafone. I recently purchased the Lumia 950 from the Microsoft online store.

The phone works fine on the network but I am unable to get on the internet. I know that I need to set up the APN settings for internet and MMS. I have tried this with many different settings with no luck so far. Even tried getting help from a Vodafone store and getting a new sim card.

I know that Vodafone will be supporting this phone but as of now, the device is not on their online device guide to provide the settings.

Am hoping someone on the forum could help with the settings required.

Below are the fields that can be filled in on the internet APN:

• Profile name
  • APN
  • Username
  • Password
  • Type of sign-in info (None, PAP, CHAP, Automatic)
  • IP type (IPv4, IPv6, IPv4v6, IPv4v6XLAT)
  • Use this APN for LTE and replace the one from my mobile operator (check box)
  • Proxy server
  • Proxy port
  • Apply this profile (check box)

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Usually the quickest way of getting all those settings onto your device is to text the word WEB to 40127 - have you tried that.

If that doesn't work, you'll find the manual settings for the Lumia 640 here this will give you an idea of what you need to save where in order to get your MMS up and running. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I use the ones from GeekSquad. 

Paying particular attention to the specific payg and pay monthly settings.

From the home screen:

Swipe your finger from right to left across the screen to access the Apps list.
Find and tap on the Settings icon.
Scroll down this list until you find cellular + SIM or Mobile + SIM, then press on it to continue.
Make sure your Data connection is set to On, then scroll down and tap on SIM settings.
At the bottom of the SIM settings page you should find buttons to allow you to edit internet APN and edit MMS APN. Tap on edit Internet APN to modify your internet connection settings. (Please note: On some handsets these buttons are not in the SIM settings page. If this is the case, go back to the main settings menu and tap on access point which will then allow you to edit the APN settings as described in the Windows Phone 8 section below).
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
User name - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
Press the Save button to save and quit this screen. The save icon looks like a floppy disk, for those of us who remember them!
Now select edit MMS APN.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
WAP gateway (URL) - 212.183.137.12
WAP gateway port - 8799
MMSC (URL) - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Press the Save button at the bottom of the page to save and quit this screen.
You should now see 4G, 3G, H, E or G on the top line of the display, next to the signal bars. This indicates you are connected to the data network

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

I tried the text but I get a reply stating that my device does not support this service and that I have to get the settings from Vodafone device support.

I tired the Lumia 640 settings as you've specified and these do not work for me.

BandOfBrothers

That's weird as the ones within the device guides or from the ones I use from GeekSquad should. 

If the phone is for the Uk Market ie Not an Import then maybe if convenient pop back into your local Vodafone Highstreet Shop for them to look at it again and have your account checked by speaking to Customer service on 191 or via Live Chat from a computer. 

Can you insert your SIM card in another known to be working phone as a process of elimination to rule out your phone or SIM card and or account that may be at issue. 

Current Phone  >

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@W357W00D

Please try your SIM in another handset and see if you're able to access the internet.

The settings @BandOfBrothers is what I would have advised and if this hasn't worked it may be an issue at account level.

So that we can look into this further, see the private message I've sent for how to get in touch.

Artoisguy
It would good if you could publish the internet and the mms apn settings for the Lumia 950. The sections / input boxes are named differently in the Lumia settings menu to the ones shown with the answers given here. Thankyou.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

This is the Vodafone Device Settings for the ->

Nokia Lumia  925. 

here

I'm unable to see the 950 on the Device Set up pages. 

The device set up for the 925 may / may not be similar. 

Current Phone  >

Artoisguy
Thanks... Yes I also ask 925 .. I was really thinking of others as I think I have my 950 working again but would prefer to see the answer written down and confirmed by Vodafone just in case I've made mistakes guessing ☺