Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 MMS problem

Craigy1892
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi

My mum, who is also a Vodafone Pay Monthly customer is having troble sending a MMS on her Nokia Lumia 520.

Is this a common problem or can it be fixed.

Thanks Craigy1892

55 REPLIES 55

I am having the same problems where i can not send mms and i bought my phone just last week, i have tried every thing stated here except using a new sim card and the "Network Setup" does not exsist. you ever thought about putting a rollback update out to revert the new update like in Windows where you can roll back a driver or uninstall a update!

OS Version is 8.0.10328.78

Firmware revirsion number:  3046.0000.1329.2005

Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0

Hi trotter2k, 

Thanks for supplying this information. 

We need to check your account first, if this is set up correctly we can feed this back and get it looked into. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

I have pay as you go account but have the same problem as everyone else I sent a by text to Vodafone
Message and the reply was "It looks like you've swapped your sim or updated your software (I have done neither) if you want yo continue using data and picture messaging you'll need to update your settings we will send a you these by text shortly that was 2 days ago not heard anything as yet. Can anyone help.

Exactly the same phone and settings and problems - the account is all verified twice by the shop Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly the same phone and settings and problems as trotter - the account is all verified twice by the shop Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry1984
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have not been able to send or receive mms since the last system update. Spoke to CS earlier who told me to text WEB to a number to receive settings again but still not working.... Has a sure fire solution been found??

Yazz
2: Seeker

Hi. I have a new Nokia 520 and did not have internet or MMS working. None of the solutions on this thread fixed my problem - texting 'web' didn't do anything, there was no APN button, no settings ap in the Nokia Collection ap store... Then I found this Microsoft thread, and the solution worked for me: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/apn-is-missing-in-the-phone-settings...

Go to Settings > Access Point

Click on the appropriate Vodafone button

That's it!

svfinn

I'm having the same problem. I rang Vodafone, the first person I spoke to was rude and useless, she said she sent me an instructional email but 4 hours later I'm still waiting for it to come through. The second person I spoke to was pleasant; he talked me through checking all of the above suggestions i.e. turning the phone on and off, checking my APN settings (which it seems you can't actually do on a Nokia Lumia 520), going to the Nokia Store and chosing Nework something or another under the Nokia Collection (also doesn't exist).  

After 25 minutes he told me the problem is that I get variable 3G signal both at work and at home where I've been trying to view the media content messages. He then had to go to a meeting so ended the call.  Strangely all of a sudden 2 or the 3 MMS I had been sent are viewable. One of them still seems to be struggling to come through but no-one seems to be getting my picture messages.  What a shame Vodafone are charging me for a service I don't actually receive.  

Perhaps check your 3G coverage before contacting them.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi svfinn

I'm sorry to see you've had some trouble sending MMS. As you have been able to view a couple it means there isn't an issue with the phone or settings.

Can you try sending them in a different location? If you're having signal/network issues please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

Thanks
Sukhi

Moll_59

Hello I have noticed that most of you have had the same problem as me, you get the 'getting content' message...

I have found the reason why you might not be recieving pictures. If your like me you might have turned data connection off so you don't use up your data when you go out,to get pictures from people you need to turn this on.

you can do this by going to settings on your phone - mobile network- then turn data connection on. if you ask a friend to then send you a picture and click on the link it should then work. hope this helps

- Molly Hopkins