Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving texts

nepomuk
1: Seeker

I am not receiving texts from a particular number, stopped getting them yesterday. I can receive texts from my business iPhone on the 3 network. The number from which I can't receive is on T mobile, its a nokia lumia 735, I use a nokia lumia 930. I can send texts to this number but can't receive any.

I have done a soft reset but this didn't help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

You're welcome. 😎

In regards to nano sim size networks provide a plastic sim adapter from their high street shops which makes a nano sim into a standard or micro sim size. It would be beneficial if you can do this as a process of elimination.

Another suggestion would be to delete the contact fully. And re enter keying in the name of the contact slightly differently. A long shot but I've known it help in the past.

Another option would be to also speak to customer services by phone or live chat just to ensure your account it ok.

I've known in the past that a simswap at a Vodaphone high street store can help which moves your tariff and number to a new SIM card.

Again a long shot but has been known to be a remedy. If you choose this route then take photo ID to prove your identity or when in the phone / live chat connection ask for a replacement sim and use the swap my sim link on the Vodaphone home page.

The process usually takes a few minutes but can be up to 24 hours depending on how busy the network is.

Hope he above helps. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
Hi

As process of elimination can U try ure Sim in another phone2 rule out either the Sim/Phone which may be at fault.

If it's one particular number then it's possible that either you or the person using the other phone has added the number to a blocking feature in the phone.

Some phones have two blocking facilities which can block texts and calls. Some have "Quiet Hours mode" which is like a do not disturb feature. "It can be set to block calls and messages over pre-defined time interval"

I have not used your model of phone so perhaps check in its settings and or use google to check if such a feature exists in those models of phones.

Current Phone  >

hello,

Thanks for your reply. i can't try another phone as I don't have one which takes a nano sim.

Regarding the blocking I use the quiet hours feature but this number is in the break through list. It's not on my blocked numbers list either. I've been getting texts from this number for over 2 years and its only since yesterday afternoon that I've been unable to receive them. I have received texts from other numbers today, including vodafone, so it only seems to affect this particular number.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

You're welcome. 😎

In regards to nano sim size networks provide a plastic sim adapter from their high street shops which makes a nano sim into a standard or micro sim size. It would be beneficial if you can do this as a process of elimination.

Another suggestion would be to delete the contact fully. And re enter keying in the name of the contact slightly differently. A long shot but I've known it help in the past.

Another option would be to also speak to customer services by phone or live chat just to ensure your account it ok.

I've known in the past that a simswap at a Vodaphone high street store can help which moves your tariff and number to a new SIM card.

Again a long shot but has been known to be a remedy. If you choose this route then take photo ID to prove your identity or when in the phone / live chat connection ask for a replacement sim and use the swap my sim link on the Vodaphone home page.

The process usually takes a few minutes but can be up to 24 hours depending on how busy the network is.

Hope he above helps. 😎

Current Phone  >