Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Updating picture message settings

louisa1
1: Seeker

Hi there, I've just got a Bush Eluma b1 windows phone, which is working OK except that I can't update the settings for picture messages etc. I've tried texting vodafone for automatic settings updates, but they don't do them for this device, and there's no info for manual settings in the device guide. Given up phoning after an hour on hold - can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Perhaps look at this which may give you an idea.

Swipe your finger from right to left across the screen to access the Apps list.
Find and tap on the Settings icon.
Scroll down this list until you find cellular + SIM or Mobile + SIM, then press on it to continue.
Make sure your Data connection is set to On, then scroll down and tap on SIM settings.
At the bottom of the SIM settings page you should find buttons to allow you to edit internet APN and edit MMS APN. Tap on edit Internet APN to modify your internet connection settings. (Please note: On some handsets these buttons are not in the SIM settings page. If this is the case, go back to the main settings menu and tap on access point which will then allow you to edit the APN settings as described in the Windows Phone 8 section below).
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
User name - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
Press the Save button to save and quit this screen. The save icon looks like a floppy disk, for those of us who remember them!
Now select edit MMS APN.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
WAP gateway (URL) - 212.183.137.12
WAP gateway port - 8799
MMSC (URL) - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Press the Save button at the bottom of the page to save and quit this screen.
You should now see 4G, 3G, H, E or G on the top line of the display, next to the signal bars. This indicates you are connected to the data network

To add - Sometimes mms also needs provisioning on an account for it to work properly. Only Customer services can perform this for you via 191 or Live Chat. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Fantastic, will give it a go. Thank you

BandOfBrothers
You're welcome and Best of luck.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.