Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Text Messaging From Microsoft Outlook 2010

Wilsonisme
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been using the text facility on Microsoft Outlook 2010 on my desktop PC for some time where texts are sent and recived from/to my Vodafone number. However I have had to re-install Outlook 2010 to my PC and lost the settings for texting. I now cannot find anywhere on the internet how to re-configure my Outlook to send texts again. Vodafone helpline cannot get their heads around what I am trying to do.

The Outlook Mobile Service Account input box that pops up when I click on the Text (SMS) button asks me for 

* Service Provider URL:

*User ID:

*Password:

Where will I find those please?

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion

@Wilsonisme wrote:

I have been using the text facility on Microsoft Outlook 2010 on my desktop PC for some time where texts are sent and recived from/to my Vodafone number. However I have had to re-install Outlook 2010 to my PC and lost the settings for texting. I now cannot find anywhere on the internet how to re-configure my Outlook to send texts again. Vodafone helpline cannot get their heads around what I am trying to do.

The Outlook Mobile Service Account input box that pops up when I click on the Text (SMS) button asks me for 

* Service Provider URL:

*User ID:

*Password:

Where will I find those please?

Hi, I am sure this came up a few weeks ago and its no longer supported by vodafone. Will see if I can find the post.

63johnw

This one here mentions it but there was a more recent one that I cant find.

Thanks for the replies. The system was still working on 11th August 2015 which was when I last sent a text from it.