cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why can I not access my vodaphone account on my Microsoft Windows Lumia 640xl?

billiobob
3: Seeker
Any suggestions gratefully received.
5 REPLIES 5

billiobob
It is unacceptable to give an inferior service because of the phone you have. Ok no apps but not even able to access my account on Windows Lumia 640xl is ridiculous.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@billiobob

The My Vodafone app is not currently available for Windows phones.

We offer lots of other ways to monitor usage :Smiling:

drumsorbit
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Sukhi, we know the My Vodafone app is currently unavailable for Windows phones, and has been unavailable for over three years (maybe longer?). What we'd like to know is why Vodafone refuse to properly support our phones? No one has ever given a straight answer, just the same regurgitated response.

I'm due for an upgrade now and have been holding out for the Lumia 950 XL. At this point I don't know if I'll be staying with Vodafone if the company won't offer proper support for the phones they carry.

It's a shame because I've been quite happy with my time on Vodafone but I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get to my account on my phone.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@drumsorbit

At the moment, it's just a business decision not to support the My Vodafone app on Windows phones. We don't have any further information regarding this. 

Unfortunately at the moment there are no plans to introduce this. However, your feedback is valued and we'll make sure this gets passed on.

I hope you do decide to stay with us at Vodafone despite this. 

@ChazzD

Thanks for the reply.

I do hope the powers that be are starting to look at this more seriously as a long term business decision (investment), and not a quarterly results driven decision. As it stands, it Vodafone doesn't get the Lumia 950 XL I'll have to go through other means to get the phone I want anyway. I know that's still up in the air right now too for Vodafone.

My Lumia 1020 is still working perfectly for the time being 🙂