Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

error when sending a text

leahhseniorr
2: Seeker
The last few days my Nokia Lumia hasn't been able to send text messages. I have a bundle that gives me unlimited texts so there I'm unsure why I'm getting the error message. I can receive texts but cannot send them. Can anyone help me before I go crazy?
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Are you adding anything like emoticons or sending long texts which could be converting the normal text to MMS which are not part of your text allowance. 

If not - is this to all contacts your sending texts to or a specific one. If specific check you've not blocked them (handset dependant)

Make sure they've not accidentally blocked you. 

Another option is to remove the sim,wipe it,reinsert and power the phone up again to try again. 

Check your masts are ok. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

leahhseniorr
The problem is to all contacts. I have done all the steps mentioned above with no luck

Hi,

Can you try your SIM card in another phone as a process of Elimination.

If your sim will not work in an alternative phone then it May be worth speaking to Customer service on 191 or Live Chat from a Computer to have your account checked and if your account is looking OK visit a Vodafone Store to have a Sim Swap performed which moves your number and tariff to a new sim. Take some ID to prove your the account holder. 

If your sim works ok in another phone then first check the original phones settings again and or approach the manufacturer via their Uk Support site. 

Current Phone  >

leahhseniorr
Ok I shall try those things. Thankyou

@leahhseniorr wrote:
Ok I shall try those things. Thankyou

Best of luck. 

Current Phone  >