Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lumia 820 and denim upgrade

Chudz
1: Seeker

Hi I have a nokia 820 but cant get the denim upgrade. My phone says it is up to date but I am on 810.12393.890 not the denim 810.14234.375. The microsoft website

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europ... says it is available,

so how do I get it??

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Did you obtain the handset via Vodaphone or is it an unbranded version.

The updates usually are released by the Network after they have been assessed to ensure they don't affect / clash with their Network features / services. This can delay things a little.

You may find this useful http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/product/lumia820/softwareupdate/

Then they are released on a kind of staggered rollout I believe to try and overt crashes on their servers due to the amount of people downloading it.

I'd advise to Keep checking your software update settings in the phone.

If it's unbranded then typically people get the download faster as it's not help back by a branded phone / network controlled.

I updated my partners Nokia Lumia 520 recently as the update showed up in her settings naturally. The phone was purchased from CPW and was unbranded.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Thanks for your reply but you just re-posted my link from microsoft saying it is available on vodafone but how do I get it? my wife had her 530 upgraded over 2 months ago. is it just a matter of waiting or is there some way of asking vodafone directly?

BandOfBrothers
Whoops Sorry. 😳

My apologies.

If it's a branded handset then I believe it's a case of waiting for it to hit your update section in your settings.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.