Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nokia 830 radio mute

weave25
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, when using the radio,it doesn;t mute to recieve a call or message. When i 1st started using it it did,not sure what i've done. Can anyone help. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello.

May I Welcome you to The UK Vodafone eForum which is a Customer to Customer help and Discussion forum.

Have you tried a Soft Reset which is turning the phone Off, remove the battery if applicable to the model, re insert and turn the phone back on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, tried to do that but no way to remove battery. Is ther any other way to do a soft reset ? thanks

BandOfBrothers

When a phone has a non removeable battery a soft reset is a matter of turning the phone off and on and try closing the radio application in your settings. 

Current Phone  >

Hi,tried this but didn't work. Any more ideas. Thanks

BandOfBrothers

If your unable to find anything in the phones settings and perhaps a Google search does not bring any helpful hints then you could try a Hard Reset as a last resort. 

This is returns the phone to how it came out of the box but if you wish to retain the data in the phones memory please make a back up and or move content to any available SD Card. 

Nokia Lumia 830 hard reset

1. Turn the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger or the USB cable with PC, for about 8 seconds, you will see an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Note: If you do not press any of the following keys, then the phone wp8 will starts boot normally.

Then press the keys in this exact order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Phone will restart, be patient.

or

Factory reset Nokia Lumia 830 from the menu

On the start screen Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Tap arrow.

On the Start screen, tap wp phone arrow.
Tap Settings > about phone.
Tap reset your phone, and then tap yes.

Current Phone  >