Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nokia lumia 520 battery

loulou17
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

A couple of days ago my phone went black I then went to charge it and I got a red battery sign with flashing charging icon so I thought maybe it had run out of battery I left it on overnight and nothing had changed it was still only showing a red battery sign with flashing charging icon. I then used all other available chargers in the house and its still only showing the battery sign with charging icon. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? 

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds like the device is not taking on any charge for some reason.  Either the battery is faulty or there is an issue with the charging circuit itself.

You're probably going to need to send the device off for repair.  If it was bought directly from Vodafone, you can drop it off instore or call up 191 and ask for a returns pack so that the device and be sent to the repair centre by post. 

Depending on when you got the phone, it may still be under warranty.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @loulou17 and Welcome to the eforum as a new member. 

There are a few hits from a Google search on this issue. 

One example -> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia/lumia-521-battery-indicator-after-a-t...

How long have you owned the phone ?

I would first try speaking with the manufacturer from their Uk Support site as they typically know their software and hardware better than a repair centre. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.