Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi access to mobile phone messages at homecos no signal

jimiliff
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

For years I have used a Nokia 6301 via wifi (BT home hub) to get mobile messages, because no network signal at home.

Recently has stopped connecting to hub (tries, but fails) Has something changed?

By the way, wouldn't it be great if Vodaphone could put up some relay mast! I keep asking, and nothing ever happens!

Thanks, someone, anyone....!

6 REPLIES 6

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jimiliff

I’m not sure what you mean. Is it email messages or via an app?  

Thanks,

Gemma

I want my phone to ring with voice messages, even when I'm at home!

Maybe I could get an arial to put on the chimney, and plug the phone into that- there is a weak 2G  signal up there I found once when on the roof.....

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

you could purchace a sure signal which is esentially a private mini mobile mast which routs back to the voda network through your broardband

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/accessories/sku75375-white

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Thanks, that seems the best answer. Some reviews say it makes the rest of the wifi drop dramatically though, and our signal is slow at the best of times!   I've learned enough for now- thank you everyone!

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member

If you buy one, get a 3g phone too, and it's best to keep the sure signal a short distance from the router. 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

hooker1uk

but a sure signal won't work with a 2g device like the Nokia 6301.

The user is using UMA/wifi calling by the sounds of it, but I thought that was Orange UK who used that when the 6301 was new 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.