Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Advice on using internet in Europe

lg1976
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I need some advice from someone who knows what they are on about as when I spoke to Customer services yesterday, noone had experience of what I am asking!!

Basically, I will be travelling to Europe a lot and would like to use mobile broadband.  Ideally, I need to be able to use it on my phone and also would like to use my laptop too.

I would be grateful if someone could answer the following for me:

1. Am I right in thinking I can tether my internet on my phone and use it on my laptop?

2. My current plan is 300 mins, unlimited texts and I pay £5 a month for mobile internet on a Samsung Galaxy S.  What do I need to do/add to be able to use the internet in Europe.  What is the cost and will I pay that cost ontop of the £5 I already pay or instead of?

No doubt I will ask some more stupid questions but I want to make sure I get this right as I can't afford a huge bill!!

I have read the section on data traveller and passport etc but just need to make sure I am understanding it right!

Many thanks for your help!

Sharon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi again Sharon

If you use data traveller on your phone, you will pay either the daily rate of £2 per day or the monthly rate of £10 per month.

If you use data traveller on your laptop, it will be at laptop rates of £8 per day from midnight to midnight for 100mb which is not much. 

If you get a dongle, it will still be at the same rate of £8 per day.

As this will be very expensive, depending on the countries you are visiting, you may like to consider getting either a local SIM card or a PAYG dongle for the country.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS

You will be able to find all the information for Vodafone Data Traveller on the following link from the website.

If you are going to using your phone tethered to your laptop, laptop charges will apply.

Using the internet abroad

If I have helped you please reward me with a kudo, if I have solved your enquiry please give me a kudo and mark as solved.  Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

Is that £8 a month or £8 a day? 

Is that on top of the £15 tethering charge?

And are both the above on top of the £5 i already pay?

Thanks

Sharon

Sharon,

The european data traveller is charged daily. £2 25MB phone data or £8 100MB tethering and these are charged on top of any other charges.

"If you’re a frequent traveller, you can get Vodafone Data Traveller in our Europe zone for just £10 a month (rather than £2 per day). Opt in by calling 40062 from your Vodafone mobile phone. If you’re abroad, call us on +44 (0) 3333 040 012."

Hope this hepls
Carl
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

AnnS

Data Traveller on your laptop will cost £8.00 per day roaming for 100 mb, any additional use will be charged separtately and will be separate from your UK tethering charge and mobile internet costs.

If I have helped please give me a kudos for my replies, and if I have solved your enquiry please give me kudos and mark as solved.  Thank you.

AnnS

Sharon

If I have helped you with my replies, can you please click the stars to reward me with kudos.

Many thanks.

AnnS

Sharon

You have forgotten to click on the stars to reward kudos for the correct and helpful replies from members to your thread.

Admins can you please kudo for the members who have replied to the thread.

Sorry but I am still confused.

So can i Pay the £10 per month for the frequent data traveller and use this on my laptop? As £8 per day on the laptop seems very expensive.

Would it be cheaper overall to get a dongle?

Ann - I havent forgotten to give you stars.  I have been out all morning and only just back to check the replies.

Thanks

Sharon

AnnS

Hi again Sharon

If you use data traveller on your phone, you will pay either the daily rate of £2 per day or the monthly rate of £10 per month.

If you use data traveller on your laptop, it will be at laptop rates of £8 per day from midnight to midnight for 100mb which is not much. 

If you get a dongle, it will still be at the same rate of £8 per day.

As this will be very expensive, depending on the countries you are visiting, you may like to consider getting either a local SIM card or a PAYG dongle for the country.

Thanks for your help Ann.

I have clicked on accept as a soliution but it says i cant give kudos points?  How do i do that?