Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Billing question

mikehoath
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It seems that Vodafone has recently redefined 1Gb as 1000Mb instead of 1024Mb.  The latter is the internationally agreed value.  I don't know when this happened - I'm pretty sure it's recent - my allowance used to be stated as 6144Mb per month when I checked my online bill, and now it shows "6Gb" but bills me extra when I hit 6000Mb. This means that customers are being tricked into paying punitive rates for excess usage that wasn't excess - i.e. Vodafone has reduced the contracted value without informing or getting the customer's agreement.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

My understanding is that 1Gb equates to 1,024Mb too. 

My suggestion would be to contact Customer Services on 191 and ask them to both clarify this and what's happening with your usage in regards to Data and billing for it. 

From > Your Charges Guide - Our standard plan charges.

"Information on data charging We measure your data usage in kilobyte (KB). Data is based on the following units: • 1024 KB = 1 Megabyte (MB) • 1024 MB = 1 Gigabyte (GB). Your inclusive data allowance and additional data services will set out the amount of data you can use without an additional charge."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.