cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Buying European data pack for the K3772....

Oddified
4: Newbie

I'm currently touring around Europe and have my k3772 dongle for going on line etc. Previous years it was easy to top up, redirected to the vodaphone top up page, select european data pack so i had a least £8 on and everything was fine.

Not any more. Now the top up page only offers the 4 uk data pack options. Buying one of those doesn't work, rang the help line (10-15min queue...)who transfered over the euro pack and i was assurred the problem would be fixed (i was in Portugal then). A few days later i wanted to go on line, same problem again had to ring the help line to buy the data pack and yet again i was assured it would be rectified (i was in France). Guess what happed again today....yep, still only uk data pack options (i'm in Italy now).

I'm not prepared to keep ringing up to get the euro packs when it's normaly a 10-15 minute queue. If the options aren't available on line, then the dongle can go in the bin and i'm sure there are others/network providers available.

Dongle is a K3772 and number is 

(Removed according to House Rules)

Ian    

8 REPLIES 8

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

I’m not sure which plan you’re referring to.

For use in Europe we have Vodafone EuroTraveller and there is Vodafone DataTraveller for use outside of Europe.

If you can let us know which plan you’re referring to, we can look into this further.

Thanks,

Jenny

Neither are offered. When the dongle needs topping up it automaticaly redirects to the vodaphone page as it should, but only uk data packs are made available/offered which are obviously no use whilst in europe.

It seems impossible to buy a european data pack using the pay as you go online system. The only way to top up is by ringing the help line which normaly has a long queue, isn't free from europe and isn't available 24/7.  Not very handy i' sure you'll agree!.

Ian

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oddified,

We don’t offer a European data pack for your mobile broadband.

You can find our roaming charges for this here.

Thanks,

Gemma

I know the roaming charges.

Last year when i used the dongle in Europe, it would redirect me to the vodaphone top up website which included options for topping up for european roaming and everything worked ok.

This year those roaming options are not available when topping up on line. Are you now saying that i can't use my dongle for european roaming? or it's only possible to top up by ringing the help line?.

Ian 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ian,

The current bundles are available are the ones in the link Gemma has provided. We constantly update our offers and promotions, so apologies if you were looking for a pack that' been retired.

Thanks, 

Ben

Ok, if pay as you go isn't available any more for the dongle in europe, it's time to say bye bye Vodaphone...

Ian

It is possible although its quite a long winded process and not obvious! This is on the main website, So you pick manage services then travelling abroad and you then get the option to pick Europe for 24 hours or rest of world for 24 hours. This works from a computer. I have attached a screenshot showing the options to pick. I may add I have not managed to do it from the mobile site, as I cannot see the option and even if you go to the full site it always directs you back to the mobile site

Interesting, but it's an option that isn't available for a mobile dongle on pay as you go. A Vodaphone dongle for a pc in Europe seems to be a no no now (even though the dongle is advertized on this website for use in Europe!) . It's quite easy to find another network provider that has dongles that can be used in Europe on pay as you go.