cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calling lawyers - World traveller doesn't mean all of the World - misleading?

Fullers
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

I recently got stung with a £500 bill from Vodafone as my World Traveller package didn't include Nepal - forgive me but is Nepal not on the World? Is the title of this product misleading? Is it worth arguing the ##~## with Vodafone?

I am not trying to get out of paying the bill, but on a matter of principle, I think the product name should be changed.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Fullers

With Nepal not being on the list of countries covered by World Traveller, not sure how you far you will succeed with having a valid complaint.

If you had checked the list of countries included in World Traveller from the website, you would have been aware that Nepal was not covered and you would be charged the full roaming rate for the country of £1.65 per minute to make a call and £1.30 to receive, text 35p, plus your home rate and with a daily charge for data of £3 a MB for the first 5MB, then £15 for each 5MB.  At those charges , it would not take long to run up a hefty bill.

However, I wish you all the luck. 

Section 3.2 of the ASA code of conduct states: Obvious exaggerations ("puffery") and claims that the average consumer who sees the marketing communication is unlikely to take literally are allowed provided they do not materially mislead.

The name of the product is World Traveller, implying that one can travel the world with this product (per European Passport product which enables one to travel throughout Europe).

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fullers

We're sorry to hear you feel our WorldTraveller package is misleading.

It can be seen on our WorldTraveller page that;

"If you’re a Pay monthly customer or on certain business plans, you can take your UK minutes, texts and data with you when using your SIM for International travel anywhere in our WorldTraveller Zone."

This page also contains a section called 'Where Can I Use it?'.

This provides customers with the opportunity to see if the country they're visiting is included within our WorldTraveller Zone.

For any further information, please see the WorldTraveller terms and conditions.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fullers

We provide customers with a full breakdown of charges for all countries on our roaming charges page.

The information provided lets them know if the country they're visiting is within the EuroTraveller or WorldTraveller package.

As mentioned by @AnnS, unfortunately Nepal is not listed within the WorldTraveller package and therefore standard rates apply.