Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can only connect to 3G with payg USB dongle every other time

Tombill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
This is a good one my USB dongle is connecting to the internet every other time I connect, and fails every other time, when it fails the signal light is on for about a minute then it drops off and I get the RAS 619 message, I know this sometimes occurs when the network is suffering with the weather and congestion etc, but this has been happening for 5 days, I spoke to a person on live chat who said to reset the SIM card by trying to cennect to another network and then back again to Vodafone but that did not work. I have uninstalled and re-installed the vmv lite s/w and done a system restore on my laptop and checked drivers and vmc lite software, but seing as it has worked fine for 5 years I cannot see it being a network issue, it's not a great problem but a bit of a pain having to cennect twice every time cos the 1st one fails...any help from the tech tem appreciated. Tom
3 REPLIES 3

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tombill.

This is an odd one as it is working at times.

The first thing I would try would be a new SIM, this can be provided at your local store.

If this keeps happening, please take a look at the network troubleshooting steps.

DaveCD

Dave CD, Thanks for replying I have had a week of trying the live chat support etc to no avail, but if I have to buy a new SIM I might as well by a new dongle with SIM from another network provider, this is only an option for me if I get it free?

Hi Tombill,

A replacement SIM card is free of charge.

Thanks,

Matt B