Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot access certain sites

reyadawnbringer
2: Seeker

Hi - we are consistantly unable to access two websites but are able to access others without any trouble at all. I first noticed this earlier this week and the message we get is 'connection timed out'. It sort of seems like they are blocked/blacklisted, but there is no reason they should be - one is a sports website (www.ole.com.ar) and the other is the British Medical Association. (bma.org) Is anyone else experiencing strange problems like this?

9 REPLIES 9

reyadawnbringer
correction: bma.org.uk

I tried pinging them, no response. I have also tried using the IP address instead of the URL but that doesn't work either.

spectrum
5: Helper

Vodafone set an 18 rated content restriction on every sim, which you have to ask them to remove. I'm guessing that the sport site may have a link to a gambling site on it hence it being blocked. Try going to william hill or ladbrokes to see if you can view their sites. 

No trouble with thre BMA site but it might be a good day. I regularly have difficulty with both Northern Rock and Nationwide websites although I don't need them. However some days I can access these without any trouble.
Vodafone are/were aware of Northern Rock problems but don't know whether they ever did anything about it.

Just tried some gambling sites, can access William Hill, Ladbrokes and Betfair without any problems.

www.ole.com.ar is my homepage so I access it every day. The BMA has also never been a problem until this week. In fact, we've had no problems at all with the service in at least a year. I'm really confused as to why this has happened, why these particular sites, and why now.

No tengo ningún problema con www.ole.com.ar .

No tengo ningún problema con www.ole.com.ar

Gracias, interesante... hmmm, other than accessing it through a proxy then I'm at a loss as to what else to try. My security settings haven't changed, and virus scan was clean.

Hey guys,

I have tried both of these sites on my blackberry this morning and both work fine although they did take a little time to load.

As this isn't a network issue it would suggest either an issue with the website or possible the handset.

I would try a battery pull and possibly a master reset after backing up your data to see if that makes any changes.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

James

eForum Team