Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot buy a data pack

janescl
2: Seeker

Is there a problem with buying data packs using vodafone accounts?

I now have a second problem.  After topping up my credit successfully using a voucher I tried to buy a £5, 250MB for 30 days data pack for my dongle in the same way I always do.  This time it said "Success!" and the balance went down £5 however the data pack was not listed under My Allowances.  I waited a little while and the data pack is still not listed however the £5 does seem to have been credited back to the account balance.

So my first £5 topup disappeared just after it was applied, and the £5 seems to be gone forever (still unresolved by vodafone)

And now I cannot top up at all, but at least now it isn't stealing (any more of) my money.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  This is getting so frustrating.

28 REPLIES 28

Hello CHRIS-CHRIS,

We ask you to get in contact so that we check your account to find out what's happened to Topup.

When you Topup, you should be able access your account via My Vodafone.

1. After logging in, choose "TopUp and usage" from the left hand side of the screen, then again choose "TopUp or buy pack"
  2. Once you've confirmed the telephone number of your device, you should see a "choose a pack" tab (the right-hand tab).
  3. You should see a range of packs, from £3 for 200MB for a day to various 30-day packs
  4. Having selected a pack, You should get the option to buy it from your credit (left-hand tab)

Thanks,

Ian

"Hello Ian",

One of your colleagues wrote that I would have to contact Vodafone Customer Services to transact purchasing a Data Pack from my Vodafone Mobile Broadband Dongle Account Credit Balance  -  that is what I was asking about in my last message.

As You can see from my previous messages I FULLY DESCRIBE the circumstances that I am writing about - there should not be any misunderstanding by anyone who read ALL of what I wrote in those messages.

You cannot have read ALL that I wrote in the previous messages or You would not have written this:

`We ask you to get in contact so that we check your account to find out what's happened to Topup`.

Thank You for the explanation reminding Me how I SHOULD be able to buy a Data Pack from my Credit Balance after registering a Top Up Voucher to my Vodafone Account Credit Balance.

Your colleague stating that I would have to contact Vodafone Customer Services to get the Data Pack is what I was questioning.

Regards,

Chris 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi CHRIS-CHRIS,

If you could get in touch via the message Ian has sent you, we'll be able to see who has advised you of this.

We'll also be able to see why you're unable to purchase a data pack online.

Thanks,

Sukhi

"Hello Sukhi",

If You are referring to Who advised Me that I would have to Contact Customer Services to be able to purchase a Data Pack after applying a Top Up Voucher to my Vodafone Mobile Broadband Dongle Account Credit Balance - it was your colleague Gemma - in message No. 9 ABOVE.

I described EXACTLY what has happened when I TRIED to purchase Data Packs [on only 2 occassions] using a Credit Card in my messages ABOVE - messages 2 and 8 - these were the ONLY times that I tried Credit Card purchses so a 100% Failure Rate !

Although I appreciate You are trying to Help - Forum Advisors MUST READ what people have already described in their messages before advising them to go through the `Contact Us` procedure / using a Link where they have to submit information that Vodafone may NOT already have - which then leads to people being informed that they need to `Go to a Vodafone Store with Photographic I.D.` to verify your Identity etc.  -  this happened to Me when I used a Link supplied by one of your colleagues on another thread.

IF I went through the `Contact Us` / Online Form process [apart from the Personal details / verifying my I.D. problem] - and described EXACTLY what I wrote above I would be told  `We cannot overturn a Vodafone Customer Services decision`.

`We cannot comment on information given to You by Vodafone Customer Services`.

I was previously asking IF I could purchase Top Up Vouchers - Credit my Vodafone Broadband Account by entering the Voucher Number via my Vodafone Mobile Broadband Dongle`s Onscreen Display - then Purchase [attempt to purchase] Data Packs using Money from My Vodafone Mobile Broadband Account Credit Balance ?

The ENTIRE Reason for wanting to purchase Data Packs via this method is because my ONLY 2 previous attempts to purchase Data Packs using a Credit Card FAILED - the Data Packs were NOT Applied to my Mobile Broadband Dongle Account.

On BOTH occassions the transactions seemed to process correctly - including my Credit Card Providers Online Security Check [seperate password entering] -  BUT on one occassion the Credit Card was charged [No Data Pack applied] and on the other occassion the Credit Card was not charged [No Data Pack applied] - BUT I was informed to wait until I could verify if my Card had been charged before attempting another Data Pack purchase - this meant a 4 WEEK WAIT without my Vodafone Mobile Broadband !

IF I have further problems with the purchase of a Data Pack I want to be able to PROVE that my Vodafone Account Credit Balance has been debited by the cost of a Data Pack - but that the Data Pack was NOT applied.

NOT have Vodafone Customer Services inform Me to `Wait until You receive your Credit Card Statement to see IF you have been charged for a Data Pack BEFORE you try to purchase another Data Pack`  - as I mentioned above previously a wait of 4 WEEKS without the use of my Mobile Broadband !

Regards,

Chris

I also have a buy data pack problem.

I topped up £5 so my account balance is showing £5. I want to buy a data pack using this.

Following Ian_c steps:

1. After logging in, choose "TopUp and usage" from the left hand side of the screen, then again choose "TopUp or buy pack"
  2. Once you've confirmed the telephone number of your device, you should see a "choose a pack" tab (the right-hand tab).
  3. You should see a range of packs, from £3 for 200MB for a day to various 30-day packs
  4. Having selected a pack, You should get the option to buy it from your credit (left-hand tab)

No problem with step 1 and 2.

However with step 3 I select the £5 250mb 30-day option BUT then get a message:

Sorry there seems to be a problem. Selected product is not eligible. 

I then try all the other pack options in turn and get the same message.

Note - that this happens at the select range of packs step and so don't even get as far as the screen to select payment by card or credit balance.

What's going on?

clarehope123
i also am having this problem i topped up.my dongle yesterday added no problem went to buy a datta pack and it wont.let me it says use credit card ive tryed again today and now my dongle says no sim

"Hello clarehope123",

Did You try to purchase the Data Pack using Money in your Vodafone Account Credit Balance ?

This is what worries Me  -  I have had a 100% Failure rate when attempting to purchase a Data Pack using a Credit Card - albeit only 2 occassions [NOT a problem with My Card]  - and now I am wondering if what I described about buying a Top Up Voucher - Crediting the Voucher to my Vodafone Account Credit Balance and trying to purchase a Data Pack using Money from that Credit Balance will work ?

Although I / We have been advised in detail [above] by some Vodafone Forum representatives that what I described CAN BE DONE - Your example makes Me doubt this - as does the comment from Gemma above that I would have to contact Vodafone Customer Services to transact the Purchase of a Data Pack after I added Credit to my Vodafone Account Credit Balance.

I will need to get a definitive answer soon because I need to keep my Mobile Broadband Dongle Account `Live` by buying a Data Pack / using the Dongle to access the Internet - BEFORE my Account is `Terminated` for `Non Use`.

I hope that You can resolve the problem and purchase Data Packs to continue to use your Mobile Broadband Dongle / Account - could You please let Us know what happens.

Regards,

Chris

clarehope123
hello chris you are right i tryed to purchase the datta through credit already added to my account via a pay point it still wont let me add datta and now my dongle is playing up ive only had this dongle two month and this will be my third top up im very.dissapointed in vodqfone hope ur issuse get reaolved soon
regards
clarehope123

"Hello again clarehope123",

Thanks for your reply.

I think that You will have to telephone Vodafone Customer Services - I don`t know if You have `Fully registered` your details for your Mobile Broadband Dongle Account  - but if not You might have a problem regarding being told that Customer Services `Are not able to verify your Identity / Account`.

If You are told that you might experience further difficulties getting help from them.

From Memory I think that Customer Services asked for details that I had not had to give when I registered my Dongle some Years ago  -  when I would not give them there was quite a debacle with someone suggesting that I needed to `Go into a Vodafone Store with Photographic I.D. to comfirm my Identity` - and also give the details that I did not want to supply !

I had no intention of doing this !

"Good Luck".

Regards,

Chris

clarehope123
hello chris
thankyou for your reply ive registered all.details im going to phone tgem tomorrow when i alm down haha
hope you get your dongle up and running again soon
kinf regards
clarehope123