Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cant Top Up

flybymike
Not applicable
Unable to top up my dongle on registered credit card, website constantly says something like "unable to process your request at the present time. Please try after some time"
20 REPLIES 20

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

@L-Delain – Please click here to send us your details, so we can access your account.

@L-jay - Please reply to the last email we sent on 25 August.

Thanks,

Gemma

Is there something I'm missing? That link sends me to my inbox which has no new messages from you about this particular problem. Who am I meant to be sending my details to? And what details?

nonplussed
2: Seeker

Not what I expected!

Having tried phone calls & Live Chat on a few occasions, I was a bit hesitant in getting involved with the eForum, but was encouraged when I saw how many times Tech Team members responded to eForum posts! Lo and behold I had such a response to my post on this thread, and hesitantly clicked on the link & once I’d figured out what I was doing – sent off my email query! –which included being instructed  to add my ‘mobile number’ as the  Alternate Contact Number –but surely as I am posting about a Mobile Broadband problem – they will need that number to check my account details?

Receive a reply to this e-mail today – but it wasn’t quite what I would have hoped for!

You may be surprised to learn (or perhaps not!) that the Customer Service Agent who replied, firstly stated that he had “tried to call me but could only hear an engaged tone” – correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that what happens when you try to phone a dongle?

Having assumed I would be dealing with experts, my confidence in this system has taken a nose-dive!

Hi Guys,

@L-Delain – Sorry you didn’t receive the link. I’ll re send it to you now.

@nonplussed – Send me the reference number from the email [7xxxxxx], We’ll chase this up.

Cheers,

Laura

nonplussed

Even More confused!

Well Laura, I’m not sure what to do, as I don’t know see any options in your reply as to how to send you the ref number except via this open eForum, is that what you intended me to do?

I did reply to that 1st e-mail –only to get a second reply, from a different Customer Service Agent – who assured me that the address is the one I provided – funny, I think I’ve already commented about having to spell out the name of the road several times only to find it missing from subsequent versions on the My Account web pages!

She has however taken some action about the missing Data Pack  “I’ve tried to active a data my debiting £5.00 from your account” & then “it might be activated automatically ……in case it is not activated let us know…..”

Well a Data Pack is now showing as purchased under the Buy a Data Pack – Bills and Usage page, so I guess that is some sort of progress, though I had already been assured it was purchased during the Live Chat session on 22nd August – does that mean there are two Data Packs now not showing as queued, or just the one?

I have been trying to buy a data pack online for nearly 3 week for my mobile wifi but with out sucess. Each time it says "we encountered a problem with your payment". I have tried 3 different cards, two laptops and my Ipad and all exhibit the same problem. I now need to use my device so it leaves me no option but to drive into town to attempt to buy a pack at the Vodafone shop, a waste of my Sunday morning.

Clearly this is a problem at the Vodafone systems as many other people seem to be expereincing the same issue. 

Hi

We've recently edited a post in this thread as it breached our house rules. Whilst we encourage conversation within the community, there are certain rules everyone must follow. This ensures the forum remains suitable for everyone, as well as being free from excess clutter.

The person whose post has been edited has been contacted privately.

If you're unfamiliar with the house rules, please take a minute to view themhere.

Thank you

Hi 

You have edted my post and taken the time and trouble to do this but have failed by a mile in that you have not reponded to the issue I and others have posted about?

I was commenting on my thoughts to Vodafones attitude and customer experience and this is just another nail in the coffin for Vodafone.

I visited a shop to do the top up which your online systems can't accept and the person in the shop commented and I quote " yes that been going on for a while now and I don't know why its taking so long to fix". Over to you Vodafone for your response.

Two doors down from your shop another provider where more than willing to do a good deal on a new mobile WiFi dongle preloaded with some credit. One more problem with Vodafone an guess where my money will be spent in the future

Hi nonplussed,

It's fine to hit "Reply" with your email reference number, as it's for our internal system.

We'll need to check your account to see what's happening.

Hi swmacey,

When you post, we have to moderate that post to make sure it's in the right place, plus it conforms to our house rules.

Simon was doing that when he edited your initial post.

If you've had any issues after buying the Topup in the store, please let us know.

Thanks,

Ian

ihatevod

I have had immeasurable problems topping up with this woeful company for a considerable time. Whatever their I.T. logistics for PAYG mobile internet are, and I suspect it's two paper cups and bit of Vodafone value string, they DO NOT work. It may be okay for a period of time, but then goes haywire again, the computer decides you live in Bradford, and refuses to take your money (everywhere else on the internet seems more than happy to). The employees do not have a clue how to address this problem, ironic as it seems to me that it does all stem from having to input your address on the top up screens and vodafones "system" not recognising it. After it taking me over an hour and a half to get in touch with them over two successive days, I shall remove my patronage as a consumer, they are literally hopeless and without any merit whatsoever. I'm usually quite easygoing but the company has me in paroxysms of anger and frustration. I suggest everyone should write to Ofcom about this company.

nonplussed
In Response to Tech Team Laura’s request of 29/8 & Tech Team Ian_C of 01/09: The email reference number is #7791897 Have received & replied to emails from various Customer Service Agents & It seems that having been asked to send in my full address – and having it confirmed that those details are correct on the system, it then appears I was asked to get in touch if these details do not match those on My Account – which is where this all started! It looks like my ‘new’ Data Pack has activated as I was able to get online after previous pack’s expiry date of 3rd Sept. Not sure whether that is thanks to Live Chat on 22nd Aug after a Data Pack purchase failed & subsequent assurance by Augustin that Data Pack was queued, my credit balance was TWICE re-instated!) or more likely as a result of recent e-mails with Customer Service Agents? Biggest problem seems to be that, like (it seems( numerous other eForum members – whether they all live in Bradford or not, the My Account system just isn’t working! Regards