20-04-2011 12:15 PM
My mobile broadband says connected with a good - excellent (3G+) signal but I can't open any web pages other than Vodafone. This problem has been going on for days now. I have tried - reinstalling the software and upgrading it ..they didnt work.
Any futher thoughts
20-04-2011 12:46 PM
When VMC is saying you are connected, is it showing traffic uploading and downloading (should show just underneath the connect button). If so, then connection is fine and it is likely to be the settings in the browser that need tweaking.
What browser are you using? And what message is it giving you? If you are using Explorer, just check that under Tools, then Internet Options, that Connections has Never Dial A Connection ticked. If you are using another browser, try connecting through Explorer and see if you get the same issue.
20-04-2011 01:05 PM
Does VMC show traffic being uploaded and downloaded?
What error message are you getting with the browser?
Have you tried what I suggested with regards the settings in Explorer?
20-04-2011 01:24 PM
I have tried what you just suggested..it didnt work . yes VMC shows the traffic being uploaded and downloaded when loading website. But the downloading speed decreased rapidly and stayed at 0 Kps
then I got this error message - service unavailable 503
20-04-2011 01:39 PM
Cheers for the reply.
So VMC is definitely 'seeing' the internet. The fact that the download speed drops to zero is simply because it has stopped downloading data.
I take it that the error 503 is coming up on the web browser, as I don't recognise it as a RAS error thrown up by VMC.
If it is the browser that is giving this error, it means that the website you are trying to acces is not responding, and not a problem with your connection.
Have you tried accessing any other website (try Google)? If so are you getting the same thing?
20-04-2011 02:04 PM
That is highly unusual. I have never come across this before with USB modems.
I don't know what else to suggest apart from asking Vodafone to have a look at your line and account. As you can only access the Vodafone website, this might mean that some kind of account restriction may be in force.
20-04-2011 03:53 PM
Have you spoken to Vodafone? I do believe that this is the next port of call, for the reasons I concluded in my last post.
You could wait for a mod to step in here. They do eventually and it is likely that they will post here that they will need to look at your account and will email you at the address that you are registered on this forum with.
Apart from that, there is nothing else I can suggest. As I said, I have never come across the issue you are getting. As the only website that you can access is the Vodafone one, it might point towards some kind of restriction on your SIM card, and this is something only Vodafone can look at.
Sorry but that is all I can do.
20-04-2011 04:18 PM
Frankly, I don't know what's up with this provider as today I went to look at my usage and find that once again a £0.00 balance was shown but this had not been translated into my 30 days of data and so, as yet, don't know how much I have used. Even if i log into my account it shows nothing regarding data usage or that horizontal red line!
21-04-2011 03:38 PM
From reading through the thread, I can see that you can connect to the Vodafone website. This suggests the browser and connection are working fine.
This normally happens when you have ran out of credit on your USB modem, when you are on PAYG. Can you please check this for us.
21-04-2011 05:28 PM
I've had the same issues since the recent upgrade to the PC based connection software.
I can connect and retrieve/send email fine through my email client but trying to load web pages everything just grinds to a halt. The up/download graphics in the software show zero on the download side. Tried switching off the firewall (AVG) to test but had no effect.
I use the laptop else where connected via ethernet and wireless (without running the vodafone connection software) with no difficulties at all.
Are there any know problems with the newer software?
22-04-2011 11:36 AM
22-04-2011 10:46 PM
The same problem here. My husband topped up 15£ a few days ago and he hasn't been able to open any websites apart from vodafone since then. Mine is ok. Isn't it weird when we use the same provider ? It's so frustrating to see it's not working when it said connected with a good signal.
Now at least i know it happens with others as well,not only me. I don't want to change the network provider because we have 2 USB which we bought for 25£ each and we just topped up 15£ each.
The thing is,i'd like to know when it will be fixed???????
22-04-2011 11:23 PM - edited 22-04-2011 11:24 PM
I have seen a couple of thread on the eForum with our customers reporting the same issues.
So that we can collate as much evidence as possible and get our support teams to investigate this further please can you all do the following;
Pop over to our contact us page.
Fill in your details
In the subject line put "EFT135 Your eForum Data Query"
In the main message box include;
A link to this thread
What Version of VMC you are using
What modem you are using
How long this has been going on for
Once we have your details we will then be able to follow this up for you all.
I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.
If you see a helpful post, please click the 'kudos' button to thank the author. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘Problem solved’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.