You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
chris10122
Accepted Solution

Content Control : How can I get it removed?

Hi, is there any other way apart going to a shop to remove the Content Control on my mobile dongle, I called up vodafone but as I only have debit cards, and not any credit cards they told me they could not remove it, thanks.
Message 1 of 46 (54,443 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
gaz23g

Hi Chris is your phone contract and in your own name? if not then the only way to identify who you are and your age is with a credit card i know it's a pain but you could be anybody or any age and if voda unblocked the restriction then you turned out to be 12 year old a lot of hard questions would be asked as to why etc!! and i suspect voda would leave themselves open to big fines for it. Hope this ans your question, i don't work for voda but this is going on my own companies policies which i think would be very similar to voda's.
if you can help with a problem great do it. If your just here to ###### people off then sod off!!
Message 2 of 46 (54,443 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
joeking

Hi, is there any other way apart going to a shop to remove the Content Control on my mobile dongle, I called up vodafone but as I only have debit cards, and not any credit cards they told me they could not remove it, thanks.

I just registered online, then went into the nearest Vodafone shop and it was removed from there.
Message 3 of 46 (54,443 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi chris10122

Welcome to the eForum! Hope you stick around :).
I can see our fourm members have been quick to help out here (Thanks :)). Unfortunately as this is a pay as you go account there is no way to prove your age, you would need to go into a store to get the content control lifted.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Sukhi
eForum Team
Message 4 of 46 (54,443 Views)
filthybeast

Hi chris10122

Welcome to the eForum! Hope you stick around :).
I can see our fourm members have been quick to help out here (Thanks :)). Unfortunately as this is a pay as you go account there is no way to prove your age, you would need to go into a store to get the content control lifted.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Sukhi
eForum Team

hi sukhi,
i have a pay as you go dongle , i am 38 years old and have had no end of grief trying to remove this age restriction lark, i have registered at least 4 times to various vodafone forum or help sites ( which seems a bit excessive to me ) to no avail,
is there any chance you can get this lifted for me as i have some important e-mails i cannot recover at this present time
yours waiting chris
Message 5 of 46 (54,443 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
David_V

Hi filthybeast,

Firstly I would like to welcome you to the eForum.

The only way you are going to be able to get this removed is to visit a Vodafone retail store and they will do this for you. The only alternative is if you have a credit card this can be done on My Account online.

Let us know how you get on.

David
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 6 of 46 (54,443 Views)
UKJason1

[ Edited ]

Hahaha I just logged on with mine for the first time.

Was impressed until content controll popped up.
Not another night not being able to get onto ############

J

Message 7 of 46 (54,443 Views)
GeorginaRy

Re: Content Control : How can I get it removed?

I have just realized I'm blocked from tech and music sites.Nothing even mildly illegal.What a load fd b******s! I've never heard of an Internet provider playing big brother-Berners-Lee would be horrified, I'm sure.

Surely it's the responsability of parents to watch what there offspring is downloading?

Listen pal, If you find a way-post it for me(otherwise it's a 120 mile round trip to visit nearest store.

I will probablypick up a 3 donglw whil i'm there.

Thanks, Georgina

Message 8 of 46 (52,461 Views)
GeorginaRy

I mean-seriously! What kind of idiot; presumably in the top ranks thinks ' ...Right, I'm up here in my communication{ie;ivory} tower-presiding over my information hungry public/paying customers...I know I'LL LIMIT THERE ACCESS!'

It's laughable...they dont even try to pass it off as a gimmic(Your children are safe with us-nothing will POP UP in their sweet little faces if you are infact to stupid, or to lazy to limit their access yourselves!)

Message 9 of 46 (52,456 Views)
GeorginaRy

'their access'- type quickly when vexed;(
Message 10 of 46 (52,455 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
jarviser

[ Edited ]

The worrying thing is that some company in America decides what our children (or adults without credit cards) can see, not us. Someone somewhere in the world, whom I cannot even contact, has applied to get my hobby website banned to the "adult" category because amongst other DIY jobs I have the audacity to show how to mend an old target air pistol.  Presumably because it's guns, this anally retentive ****** thinks it's evil, despite that it's an olympic event.

It's the thin end of a very wide wedge and Vodafone should calm it down, preferably remove it, and let people of all ages think for themselves.

(Notice ****** is a banned word?  This is Britain not the USA)

Message 11 of 46 (52,450 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Heya guys,

There is now an easier way to lift your content control bars.

You can do this via a store, through my Account or via email with ourselves.

If you would like us to lift you content control bar please let us know and we can get an email over to you.

The reason for the content control bar on all of our account is down to adults now buying contracts for children under the age of 18 and as a result most people don't think about the content that can be accessed from a mobile phone, this is why uit is blocked until requested to be lifted as Vodafone as a company have a duty of care to protect minors from material that is not suitable.

GeorginaRy, an email is on its way to you now, please reply with your details and we can get the restriction lifted fro you.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 12 of 46 (52,425 Views)
adz63

hi james , any chance you can lift my content control .. i just brought a dongle on 3 may 11 and found loads of sites that are not even adult rated blocked , i have already sent email to voda saying that it takes the biscuit and why should i have to pay on card when im 30 to use a service that im already paying for by , buying a dongle and top up , if you need any id i have provisional license , no passport coz i cant find it lol , inland revenue self employment card , that i could photo and send to you if needed , i aint got time to take it into a shop as they aint open after i have finished work 

Message 13 of 46 (52,419 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Adz63,

As long as the dongle has been registered in your details there shouldn't be an issue.

I will send you a quick email over, please reply with your details and I will take a look at this for you. :smileywink:

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 14 of 46 (52,395 Views)
adz63

no worries mate i got it sorted 

any 7.2mb firmware for the k3570-z every other dongle going has it but cant seem to find it for this device 

Message 15 of 46 (52,392 Views)
wolf8338

Hi, i am new to Vodafone and i have just bought a mobile internet dongle. I've read how to get it removed and I can't believe the hassle to remove the content control. I don't have a credit card only a debit card and the nearest Voda shop is about is miles away. Everytime i try to register my dongle on line it won't let me. I only got it so i can take my laptop out while i'm on business.

Message 16 of 46 (52,373 Views)
amccurry

:manvery-happy: 

I hope you can help me  revailmove content control i have been tryin for 24h iv emailed customer support and they have not got back as yet,when i try to do it via my account then my device ,settings it says its unavailible any help on this matter would be great .

angie

Message 17 of 46 (52,339 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

[ Edited ]

Hi wolf8338 and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

I understand how long winded this may seem but we need to be sure you are over 18, for the safety of those who aren’t.

If you do not have a credit card then you will need to visit one of our Vodafone stores with two forms of I.D. (at least one with a picture of you) so that we can verify your age.

Also, can you give me some details on why you are unable to register your modem? What is exactly happening? Do you get any error messages at all?

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Hi amccury and welcome to the eForum to you too :smileyhappy:

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting the content control removed. I assume you have a credit card? If that’s the case, please reply to the email I have sent you and we’ll look into why you are unable to access this part of the system and also remove the content control bar for you.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Message 18 of 46 (52,331 Views)
lucielui2002

[ Edited ]

im am having problems removing content control. i keep getting the error message

Unfortunately, your request cannot be processed. whenever i try to access the settings page. please help! its very frustrating as i am 21 years old and cannot access certain websites!

plus i dont have a credit card to verify my age!

Message 19 of 46 (52,304 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi lucielui2002 and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems getting your content control removed. Unfortunately if you are on Pay as you go the only other way to verify your age would be to take some identification into a Vodafone store. They'll then be able to get this removed for you.

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Message 20 of 46 (52,276 Views)