Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit Default

wilmotd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, just trying to find the right Vodafone employee to direct me where I need to go.

Back in university in 2010 I had a Vodafone dongle, as soon as university finished I moved house thinking that the term of my contract with Vodafone had expired and I had no reason to carry on paying.  However, upon looking at my credit file I can see that Vodafone have placed a default on my file for a missed payment which is severely affecting my credit score as it's the only black mark I have.  The amount owed is 15 pound which I have no problem with paying but am I able to have the default removed as I never received any sort of correspondance regarding this payment and still wouldn't of had I not checked my credit file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dean

25 REPLIES 25

Dear Vodafone, 

I have default from Vodafone for more than 5 years, but less than 6 years, i just found out today as my mortgage broker told me my application didnt go through becasue of this. I found out i had a default with vodafone. 

I tried your customer service team, they couldn't identify the default account, as they couldn't find any information as i can only provide name, address. And then he gave me a invalide contact number to call credit file advice centre, i just tried [Removed as per House Rules] to explain my situation. I really have no idea where to go to. and it is really urgent and crutial for my mortgage applicaton.

Please somebody help!

many thanks

Sisi  

Just a update here, I have contacted a guy called Glen from Vodafone online chat, he has been really helpful,  he called me back and transerred me to credit access team, and the lady there gave me my account number.

And after a long waiting time when trying calling Vodafone customer services agian with the account number, i have now settled the outstadning balance after 5 years! just for the records, I have never acknolwedged receiving any letters from Vodafone, due to moving home I guess. But I am in the process of applying a mortgage, I really like to get this out of the way. 

Since I have cleared the balance, I am wondering if I can the postal address of credit refeeral office, so i can appeal to them in order to remove the default from my account. Or if I can get any help in here please?

Many thanks 

Sisi

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@SisiChen wrote:

Since I have cleared the balance, I am wondering if I can the postal address of credit refeeral office, so i can appeal to them in order to remove the default from my account. Or if I can get any help in here please?

Hi there

I'm afraid that a default cannot be removed from your credit file. Vodafone have a legal obligation to other creditors to report any late payments.  They will remain there for 6 years.  As you owed the money - the default will not have been put on your credit file in error so therefore cannot be removed.  However, as you have now paid the outstanding amount, this will now be changed to "settled" but will still remain there.

@SisiChen wrote:

Why the reply i sent was deleted?

Nothing has been deleted.  As you can see, all 5 of your posts have been put in the same place.

PWIAC

I think I am not the only one who had experienced this problem, and this is really crucial for my mortgage application.
If Vodafone wants to issue me a default, Vodafone should notify me first according to law. However I have never received anything. Can you please provide me your credit referrals team contact details. So I can speak to them.
Many thanks
Sisi

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello SisiChen

Mobile phone companies are not covered by the same consumer laws as banks and credit cards which means they are do not need to send out and pre default notices before issuing a default.

It was your responsibility to make sure you made all the payments and there was nothing owing on the account.

It was a genuine default where you owed money and will remain on your file for 6 years after issue.  If you have paid what was owing, the default will be marked as satisfied which should be taken into consideration by lenders. 

Hi Ann, thanks for your reply. It doesn't help, does it?
I must admit there were something happened 5 years ago otherwise I wouldnt get this. But how I got this, when I spoke to Vodafone customer, all they say was early termination fee. Obviously I would say I never received all your letters since I moved so many times in 5years. I know how these default will stay and bla bla, I have done some researches myself. Ultimately I want default to be removed, I don't see how this can be sloved without communicating with someone from credit referrals. Which Vodafone reluctant to share the details .....

Many thanks!
Regards
Sisi

AnnS

Hello SisiChen

As already mentioned, it was a genuine default.  Vodafone would have sent letters asking you to pay what you owed and as there was no further communication from you, Vodafone would have ultimately placed a default on your credit file.  Most probably the contract was cancelled by Vodafone when you failed to pay the early termination fees which were due.

Due to all the legalities, the default will remain in place until the 6 year period.

If you contact the credit reference agencies, they may be able to place a Notice of Correction on your credit file.

Hi Ann, 

Do you know if Vodafone has a team who actually put the default in my credit report, and do you know the contact details? this is all I am asking here, Anyboday knows?

I know I spoke to a lady from credit access team. she was the only one who managed to pull the records out for me. 

Do you work for Vodafone Ann?

Regards

Sisi

Hi, SohailJuna, just wondering have you sloved you issue? as I am expericing the same issue....

many thanks 

Sisi 

Hi @SisiChen

The information provided by the community is correct. The default cannot be removed from your credit file I’m afraid. It will show on your records that the balance has been settled but the default will still in place.

Thanks

Michelle