Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

D420/dell Wireless 5520

wcc
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a Dell wireless 5520 card installed in my Dell D420(showing in vodaphone connect diagnostics as Expedite EU870D Minicard), and have been having lots of issues (I have never been able to connect)

I have tried reinstalling the card, reinstalling the dell utility card software, removing and leaving only mobile Connect and vice versa with the dell software being the only one and have got the same result.

I can see the card is operational (can query it and get responses etc, can send and receive sms msgs from the software which all works, I can see I have a 3g signal which when i attempt to connect to I get the following error message

"Mobile Connection not possible
-Set your current mobile device as default
-Ensure that no other programs are using your mobile device
- Delete the device and add it again

If this error persists please contact support,
Support information
RAS Error code 668'

Details used:
APN. pp.internet
u: web
p: web

SIM ID: 894410003.........

If anyone has a clue please help as its driving me bonkers!
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Wacko and welcome to the eForum

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues here.

Could you confirm whether the SIM in the modem is a Pay As You Talk or Contract Modem? If it is Pay As You Talk then the Details you have are the correct ones to use. You'd just need to make sure you have credit on the SIM.

If its a contract then the Details you would need would be

APN :- Internet
u :- web
P :- web

Could you give this a go and let me know how you get on ? Also could you download the full version of the Vodafone Mobile Connect software and see if this gives you a better experience :)

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

wcc
Not applicable
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the reply,

Also could you download the full version of the Vodafone Mobile Connect software

I am currently using the Vodafone Mobile Connect Software (version 9.3.3.10523) is this a different version? will give it a try.

Cheers
-- T

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey Wacko,

Pay As You Go? That's why it might not be working ;)

The PAYG details are as follows:

APN - pp.vodafone.co.uk
User - web
Pass - web

Give this a whirl!

Yes, there is a newer version of VMC too! We recommend it in cases where there is a driver or compatibility error. This may not fix the problem, but is worth a shot!

Other than this, I'd recommend trying the SIM in a mobile phone - can you get onto the internet this way? Can you then try the phone tethered as a modem? If all works, then you might be looking at a communication error between your card and your computer :huh:

If this is the case, please do let us know with as much detail as possible - anything you think that will help us get a better picture in our minds what's going on will be grand :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Daz

eForum Team

wcc
Not applicable
Hi Daz,

It was that! Once I used pp.vodafone.co.uk everything started to work!.. perfect!!!. I also downloaded and am using the latest version of the connect software!

Thanks for all your help on this!!

Cheers
T