Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Broadband

DOZE ON 7 EDGE

SOLVED
View solved solution
16: Advanced member Gold
when I got my first decent phone 18 months ago (s5) I disabled all the apps that I didn't use and couldn't uninstall
So.ignoring the DISABLING APPS MAY CAUSE ERRORS and after only 2 months I did have problems with screen flickering,more so when the brightness was turned down
.Any way now I've got an s7 I don't want to disable any thing because in application manager it says the same warning.so is there a difference between doze and disable?
On my s5 a long press on a app you can either remove or disable so I personally am afraid to disable anything
I am convinced that was what caused my problems with my last phone
View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi

I circumvent that warning all the time.  Smiley Happy

Doze in Nougat 7.0 has been made a lot better and is designed to help the phone be optimised and save on power. 

lifehacker.com/how-android-doze-works-and-how-to-tweak-it-to-save-you-

A person can now also long hold an app icon and put it to sleep. 

I like how the phone also tells me when an app running in the background has been put to sleep. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi

I circumvent that warning all the time.  Smiley Happy

Doze in Nougat 7.0 has been made a lot better and is designed to help the phone be optimised and save on power. 

lifehacker.com/how-android-doze-works-and-how-to-tweak-it-to-save-you-

A person can now also long hold an app icon and put it to sleep. 

I like how the phone also tells me when an app running in the background has been put to sleep. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
Thanks Lee really appreciate all the info you've passed on
View more options
That link was interesting and the comment about the boxing glove is hilarious.
Have had no notifications about any app being put to sleep though
View more options